Less Resets During the Week

Started by Gar, August 21, 2003, 01:14:46 PM

I have noticed that there are very few resets during the past few weeks.  It used to be that we'd have several (never counted, but I'd guess a half dozen at least).  This changes the game from an OOC perspective towards the end of the week.  I'm wondering if the resets or lack of them during the week are planned.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

It's probably due to the latest and greatest Ginka machine. Brand-spankin' new and all.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Gar"This changes the game from an OOC perspective towards the end of the week.  I'm wondering if the resets or lack of them during the week are planned.
By 'reset' you mean, uh, crash? :lol:
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

If by 'reset' you mean a reboot of the game then the answer to your question is this:  There is only one regularly scheduled reboot planned during the week.  This happens on Saturdays when the game comes back up from Immday.

Sometimes though (unfortunately) the game crashes and then reboots.   When these happen during the week they are unplanned, even undesirable.  On occasion though there is reason to reboot the game in the middle of the week.  This is usually done to incorporate new code into the game, usually this can wait until the saturday down time, but other times it is needed to fix a bug.

So in short.  No there is only one planned reset per week.

-Myrdryn
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Someone has a backpack full of goodies they can't sell.

AM I RIGHT?  AM I RIGHT?

You are not correct CRW.  Not me anyway.  I was just curious as the amount of time between resets ("crashes") has dropped off dramatically.

Quote from: "Anonymous"You are not correct CRW.  Not me anyway.  I was just curious as the amount of time between resets ("crashes") has dropped off dramatically.

Ahhh, that was me.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?