Kumiss

Started by Morrolan, August 28, 2012, 12:59:09 PM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what animal (IG) kumiss comes from?  RL kumiss comes from mare's milk.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Probably.  Might be you could ask someone with connections to the drink's manufacture.

Thanks, MM.   ::)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

August 28, 2012, 01:18:53 PM #3 Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:21:26 PM by Marauder Moe
I mean, you and everyone else could just be told where it comes from... but that would rob a lot of people of some interesting RP that might come along from trying to find out in-game.

EDIT: Seriously, it's a great little mini-quest for all sorts of characters.  One of those things that's not common knowledge, but not a protected secret either.  You just have to talk to people until you find the right ones who will know.

This seems readily available in the documentation.  After all, it is the only instance of 'milk' on the Animals page!

http://www.armageddon.org/general/beasts.html

Nothing to see here

August 28, 2012, 01:24:42 PM #5 Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:26:32 PM by Morrolan
NM.  I misread the helpfile on Kumiss. I blame a lack of coffee.

Quote from: KumissKumiss is a product of escru milk; it is created by shaking in frequent, even intervals, and an abundance of foam serves as a sign of its readiness. While slightly intoxicating, kumiss is extremely nutritious, and is often used to keep up the strength of the elderly within tribal circles.

And then missed my opportunity to mea culpa before someone else caught on. Thanks, Jestor.

Next question: What color is the little, red schoolhouse?

Bleh.  Stupid docs.

Quote from: Morrolan on August 28, 2012, 01:24:42 PM
Next question: What color is the little, red schoolhouse?

help little, red schoolhouse
There is no help on that topic.

Shit, I have no idea!  ;)
Nothing to see here

Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Ox? maybe? Kumiss can also come from Camel's milk. I had some from Iran once.  :-\ not a fan
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Bast on August 28, 2012, 08:04:08 PM
Ox? maybe? Kumiss can also come from Camel's milk. I had some from Iran once.  :-\ not a fan

I was thinking Ox, as well. But the help files say otherwise.

I think massive herds of oxen up north would be awesome.  And terribly dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumiss

Why does no one wiki shit anymore?

It would seem milk from oxen would work, and in general, I think that most milk fermented in the manner described would be called Kumiss. There's several other drinks made from fermented milk, but it seems that it's the shaking part that makes Kumiss really Kumiss.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on August 28, 2012, 09:03:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumiss

Why does no one wiki shit anymore?

It would seem milk from oxen would work, and in general, I think that most milk fermented in the manner described would be called Kumiss. There's several other drinks made from fermented milk, but it seems that it's the shaking part that makes Kumiss really Kumiss.

It was reading that page that got me started on this thread.  But if you read all of the wikipedia page, the only "true" kumiss is made from mare's milk...thus my original question (which is answered in the docs).