Getting over a slump

Started by Kebron, August 17, 2012, 10:31:25 PM

So every once in a while you will have a character that surprises you imensely. Perhaps it was that Drovian elemental you wanted to store after 4 hours of play that turns around and surprises you getting you into all kinds of plots. Or maybe it was something entirely mundane you were just toying with while waiting on your next special app, but for whatever reason that role ended up being memorable.
What do you guys as players do in those "in between" times, when you find that you've lost a memorable character and are  waiting on that next memorable role to pop up?
Whats the secret to creating these memorable characters in the first place? What sets one grebber apart from the rest?

I either play throwaways or don't play at all, regarding 'in between time'.

Personally, I think the keys to making memorable characters are believability (sic) and character development through the role's life cycle. If the role is active and visible it'll be seen as much more awesome than some reprobate warrior who trains all the time.

Role with a family of other armers. They most likely won't last long but that's always been an experience that gets me excited for my character.