Consent

Started by The Lonely Hunter, August 12, 2012, 12:33:51 PM

Quote from: greasygemo on August 14, 2012, 01:55:55 PM
I could really use some more graphic violence in my game play.. Where are all the PC whack jobs anyway? I get more violence from tregils...
;D

You must just be playing in the wrong part of the world  ;D
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 14, 2012, 02:20:35 PM
Sigh, I haven't seen or been in a good torture scene in forever.

Same, I think the last one was in... 2005 / 2006? Or something. I'm in the right part of the world, just never get invited by the cool kids.  :(

Maybe I'll create a breed PC and piss off a templar just to invite myself!

RPT Time @ You Know Where: Come get yo ass whupped.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 14, 2012, 02:20:35 PM
Sigh, I haven't seen or been in a good torture scene in forever.

I know right. Turn it up a notch folks! I'd do it myself, but none of my characters live long enough to be strong enough to try and threaten well...anyone. Sigh.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on August 14, 2012, 04:05:25 PM
Quote from: greasygemo on August 14, 2012, 01:55:55 PM
I could really use some more graphic violence in my game play.. Where are all the PC whack jobs anyway? I get more violence from tregils...
;D

You must just be playing in the wrong part of the world  ;D

I'm seriously. The only way to Fade is a LonelyHunter (public torture) fade.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

But....I wouldn't *want* to fade that!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I didn't either. :) And I didn't. But I was just trying to be clever with the consent crap. Show's what posting on about 40 hours without sleep will do.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I wish I knew something worth torturing over.. Or even better, wish I had the opportunity to torture for information... I could totally get down with some holds-lit-torch-to-your-exposed-skin and rubs-salt-cyrstals-into-your-open-wounds action lol
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Who do you work for?!

*holds torch to skin*

Tell me!

*pokes torch against your belly*

Tell me!

*pokes torch in your hair setting your tressy tresses alight*

Who?!

^ add batman voice and.... scene

Unfortunately, most torture scenes go something like..

Fuck you, I won't tell you nofin'! *spits blood in %templar face*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

That's just the opening salvo. It's not the destination, after all, it's the journey of the hot obsidian rod up the recalcitrant elf's rectum that's important.

How would fading torture work anyway?

You say OOC: Ok, so he burns her face. Does she cough up?

She says OOC: No

You say OOC: He cuts off two of her fingers. How about now?

She says OOC: Nope

You say OOC: He tickles her feet with a feather?

She says OOC: You, you got her. Back to IC.

In my experience with torture--people always seem to think that they're "going to die anyway" instead of submitting whatever they have that might keep them alive. I don't get it. You had a way out, dude.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on August 15, 2012, 08:47:16 PM
In my experience with torture--people always seem to think that they're "going to die anyway" instead of submitting whatever they have that might keep them alive. I don't get it. You had a way out, dude.

This. I totally wish that that one character of mine had just submitted and begged for their life. Worst. Mistake. Ever. (on Arm)

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on August 14, 2012, 04:55:03 PM
I'm seriously. The only way to Fade is a LonelyHunter (public torture) fade.

<Peter Griffin voice> Thats fricken' awesome. A LonelyHunter.  :o
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Sometimes, all it takes is one. If you're being interrogated because you're a rogue gicker, but you're not.... or they say you killed someone and you just logged in, its hard for you to be like "OH YEAH I TOTALLY DID THAT" because then its all "Well. I guess the punishment for it is DEATH."

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I disagree.

And what you said here is all over the GDB and probably is my least favorite thing people say about PKing. 

There are two major reasons why people will not talk and I feel these happen a lot.
1.  The character really does not know.  People might of easily lied to you.  Unless you witnessed the event your character in the end is making a guess based on what can easily be wrong.
2.  The one that I think happens the most frequently.  The player feels this is a fine end to their character.  Death from a PC is IMO the best way to end a char.. even if it is completely just you are walking around and Mantis head.  Otherwise death is by NPC or boredom.

True friendship is a hard thing to come by in this mean world.  A character can easily have IC justification to just accept death especially certain races.  And the player will probably be completely fine with that at least after a few moments pass :D

It's not some dark secret that if you go along with torture and remove all drop all, or say (pleading) Everything single thing I know about everything in the world that is true.. will most likely save your character.   

:-)

I just think its good to check. A flag like that someone might not have checked for a long time, or might not be feeling up to seeing entrails being worn as a scarf that particular evening.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Maso on August 12, 2012, 12:59:53 PM
I'm happy with things they way they are. I don't want people to be able to check what I may or may not consent to ahead of time and judge whether or not they will interact with me because of that.
I agree with this.
I dislike this idea.
:-)