August-October Publicity Contest

Started by FantasyWriter, August 10, 2012, 06:36:37 PM

August 10, 2012, 06:36:37 PM Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:12:13 PM by FantasyWriter
Good August, all!

This month, the publicity team will be throwing a contest for all players to participate in.

Goal:
    To get our name out there, and draw in more new players from whom we can steal boots!

Task, should you choose to accept it:
    1. Post as many flyers and posters in appropriate areas as you can (school bulletin boards, gaming shops/clubs, libraries, coffee shops, etc).
    2. Take a photo of the flyers where allowed and post them here.  No more than five points will be assigned to any player for flyers/posters without photos.
            Please caption each photo with a note about where you posted it.
            If not allowed to take a photo, please tell us what you posted and where.
    3. Points:
            Two points for the flyer.
            Two points for the posters (don't forget to print out and cut tabs to go under them them!)
            Five points for posting both the flyer and a single poster on one board or wall within sight of one another (same photo).
            *No more than five points will be awarded for any one location, excluding bonus points.
            Each player may earn additional points for creativity and awesomness in their efforts with photo or video proof.  
                        *If you feel a posting warrants bonus points, state your case in the posting with the image or video.
                        *Bonus point value will be decided on by the publicity volunteers and awarded (or not) within 48 hours.
                        *One hundred points if you wrap your car with one of these images with the game's web address in plain view. ;)
    4. Have all of your photos and videos (post on YouTube and link here) posted in this thread by midnight AST (Armageddon server time) August 31st.
    5. Do not break any local, state, federal or international laws in pursuit of bonus points, please.  It's not the kind of publicity we are looking for.        
    6. WIN!

Prizes:
     First place:  The winner gets their choice of a deck of Kruth Cards or any single Armageddon-themed item from Here priced up to 25 USD (40 items)!
     Second place:  A Deck of Kruth cards or a 15 USD item from here (20 items). (requires a minimum of 25 points)
     Third place: An 11 USD or less items from here. (12 items). (requires a minimum of 25 points)
     Anyone else who earns 25 points or more gets an Armageddon sticker in clear or white.

Flyers with Tearoffs by Potaje.    

Tearoffs only, to go with Color posters or additional tabs behind the flyer.

Full Color Posters by Defunct, Artwork by Biscuits/Megan Lara

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Really shoot for the bonus points, guys and gals.  Let's make this as much fun as we can.

I really look forward to seeing what some of you come up with!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

If you search the site for keywords like ArmageddonMUD, Armageddon Mud, ginka, Kadius, Tuluk, Allanak, etc, you can also find a few other things posted to different 'stores,' Such as this little gem of a mousepad for 11 bucks.

Grebber - One who grebs.

Found the "store" that has the elementalist and team Tuluk/Allanak tees.
http://www.cafepress.com/sk/ginkawear
Grebber - One who grebs.

Hellz yhea! I get paid on Wednesday, I'll get me another printer cartridge and some batteries for my Camera. It's a new year for Plymouth Uni soon. Students are starting to turn up.

Does it have to be my car? I don't have a car, but I have some good candidates....
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

As long as it promotes the game and involves somehow to the flyer/posters below, its fair game for bonus points (and doesn't break any laws, of course)!

Grebber - One who grebs.

WHY IS MY PRINTER BROKEN????
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Quote from: greasygemo on August 14, 2012, 02:13:29 PM
WHY IS MY PRINTER BROKEN????

Go to the Library? ;)
Grebber - One who grebs.

A little over a week left!

No one interested in free RL Armageddon lootz? ;)
Grebber - One who grebs.

I just got a few decks of Kruth cards in and opened one for myself... they're f-in SWEET!

Ten days left.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I can't think of anywhere I would put them up. I knew places in England, but I'm a long way from there now.. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'll be putting stuff around at DragonCon! Expect pictures from me starting on the 30th(hopefully) and def by the 31st!!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Would anyone be more able to do this if it were extended through the end of October?
I'm wondering if everyone just has not had the time or there is just not enough desire for you to draw in new boots. [/guilttrip] ;)
Grebber - One who grebs.

Extending this into October would be GREAT. I'm in the middle of getting ready for classes right now and moving, so this would give me, at least, time to jump in!
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Consider it done!
Grebber - One who grebs.

I apologize, but due to a lack of participation at this point, I am going to go ahead and close this.  Hopefully we will be ready to try something like this again in the future.
Grebber - One who grebs.