Slang drugs

Started by Kebron, August 07, 2012, 11:47:35 PM

You can sift spice down south, but there should really be a coded way to sell drugs in the city-states outside of PC to PC sales. While you can make alot selling to PC's it doesn't really show the true value of spice throughout the known.
Perhaps a system of 'drop off' points in the rough parts of town where smugglers could carry spice to dealers. Obviously refined spices from Kurac would be far more valuable. But if a grain of spice gets you 2 sid, in nak it should bring 4. Then you'll have more smugglers and dealers, setting PC guards on sell points becomes a luractive business for criminal orgs, and opens up interaction to the militia maybe like some of the vendors in other parts of the game that 'roam around' so the sale points move from time to time forcing people to seek out their favorite 'dealers'.
Just an idea.

In real life, if you want to buy drugs, usually your dealer is a scum bag.  You don't get to pick, they're just the one who's connected.  Zalanthas would be an exaggeration of this notion, especially in certain locales.

Quote from: Kismetic on August 08, 2012, 12:10:21 AM
In real life, if you want to buy drugs, usually your dealer is a scum bag.  You don't get to pick, they're just the one who's connected.  Zalanthas would be an exaggeration of this notion, especially in certain locales.

As a drug dealer I find that offensive!
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

This doesn't make any sense to me. Who would possibly want to buy spice other than regular ol' consumers?  The people who sell the stuff in shops... they already got a monopoly on it and know exactly what they've got. All of it is sifted up and sold for cheap to Kurac down in Storm. They won't buy some muk-knows-what from some random seller.

As is you can sell to the populace via PC's but don't be surprised if Kurac gets angry with you undercutting them. Any other for of "automated" selling just doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on August 08, 2012, 12:35:24 AM
Quote from: Kismetic on August 08, 2012, 12:10:21 AM

As a drug dealer I find that offensive!

Hey, I happen to like scum bags.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not proposing an alternate seller in red-storm, I'm proposing an additional seller in allanak.

Crack heads can't always find their pants (drive by the ghetto and tell me I'm wrong) you really expect them to travel all the way to Luirs or Red storm? Or to all go to a -single- dealer in a city with what, 500,000 populace? There would be options for who to buy from in nak, there would have to be logistically.
My proposal is simply to make the 'spice' industry lucrative to players. It wouldn't be undercutting kurac OR the criminal orgs, you'd be selling their product unless you sifted it yourself and humped it in yourself, in which case you'd likely atract Kuraci/criminal groups attention and get killed. And if it were MORE profitable to sell a brick to an NPC vendor in nak, you'd have more people going and buying bricks from Kurac to do just that.

The thing with drugs is they are an inellastic product, you can charge whateve ryou want because people are desperate to get it, but they are also impeded by their use meaning that the dealers pretty much HAVE to go where the client is, you can't expect them to travel it simply doesn't work. No IC spice head is going to travel from nak, go to storm, sift his own spice or buy it there (or luirs) and then travel all the way home to nak. You wouldn't have enough time to do anything else and you probebly wouldn't be functional as an adict to do that in the first place.

I'm proposing one or two more automated 'buyers' in nak, that also sell at a massively higher rate. Then you would have the gangs and kurac making sure that outside grebbers weren't trying to undercut them, and you'd have the ability for full time "Drug dealers" In allanak outside of having to sell soley to PC's. If you can only sell to PC's you might make a few large here or there but in real life drug dealers make much more than that even the low-level ones which is why the reward outweights the danger enough to keep the industry going. Without the coded reward theres no incentive to do it because you are courting almost certain death to crime code or templar without actually gaining anything.

There is no spice or users thereof in Allanak.  Prohibition works dammit.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Nyr link=http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,42838.msg663728.html#msg663728
Spice is not synonymous with cocaine.  Zalanthas and its drugs are different than Earth and its drugs.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Kebron on August 08, 2012, 01:17:23 AM
I'm proposing one or two more automated 'buyers' in nak, that also sell at a massively higher rate.

Quote from: lordcooper on August 08, 2012, 01:21:22 AM
There is no spice or users thereof in Allanak.  Prohibition works dammit.

Ask around IC. Certainly something that is outlawed will not be easy to find if it's there.

Due to the political and very IC nature of this, this isn't really something you can toss up as a code proposal and expect it to be reviewed for approval by staff.  It's not a code thing, it's an IC situation.  It is one of three things:  you are possibly not looking in the right places or not talking to the right people or you are unfamiliar with the IC situation.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.