Doh!

Started by Anonymous, August 16, 2003, 12:43:04 AM

Has anyone else accidently killed off their char...their beloved char, because of typing the wrong thing on accident?

I just did it about two seconds ago.... :cry:

He was going along great too and now I guess I have to start over, I don't know what to do pretty much ruins everything I had planned and had worked toward slowly since starting him...

Does anyone think I've any chance of a res since he justed died and noone else knows IC yet?

I had him to something he wouldn't have -ever- done because I typed the wrong thing.

You kissed a templar, didn't you?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Chances for a rez are probably zero.  Shit happens.  You loose your link.  You set of a casting alias by accident.  You walk into the sea of silt.  You attack a city guard by accident.  You jump off the shield wall.  You just have to roll with the punches.  You can try sending something to the account, but I can almost promise you that you are probably not going to get anything.

Think about what made this character so damn great.. use that. Take what you know, and put your frustrated/saddened or disappointed energies into formulating another, better, cooler concept.

Just try for something to outdo the one you lost. It's so very possible in this game.. one of the reasons why I love it so. There's just so many possibilites out there.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Elaborating on what Socko said...don't play the same thing twice in a row.  You'll learn more about the game trying something a bit different.  Once you've learned more, like something that another character type would learn, trying something that you've tried previously may be that much easier.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yeah I know, it just sucks because this char was the base for something that was planned with myself and some others players that were making chars to join into it...now it's all defunct just before it was about to get off the ground.
Got my first absolutely incredible stat too. :cry:

For redundancy's sake, I'll do this- why not start up a better, albeit different and totally unprecedented and unusual upstart group.. one to shake the foundations of the Shield Wall!
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

It's happened to me, i lost a nice PC because of a silly mistake i made.
But then, next char over i have what will go down in my books are the
most loved of all times. Death and pain? Armageddons learning step.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

I've lost some pretty amazing PCs to some pretty brutally cruel circumstances.. but yet it's always very appropriate in a sick way. It's one of the things you grow to enjoy about Armageddon.

For example, one of my favorite PCs ever (who was a real 'love is tragic, it just gets you killed in the end.. so sieze the moment you have' type person) died to a gith gang-bang.. right after stumbling over the body of her lover, who had shared the same fate. Now that was brutal. But yet, so awesomely appropriate!

I <3 Armageddon.

Depending on how much you loved your character, it could be very hard for you to get back into the mud.
It's been a few weeks now since my first and very long-lived character was suddenly killed after being forcefully seperated from his love.

I do currently have a role with much potential but... I'm not really back yet. I think I will manage to reach something atleast comparable to my old playing times at some point but I have to wonder if I will ever come to enjoy playing as much as I used to. I doubt it.

This isn't a very good post. It doesn't encourage you to create a new character, it doesn't say that all will be well in the end.

I <3 Armageddon.

I find that some characters just have a magical combination, and some, though they seem to have great potential, just... don't. I'm not entirely sure why. Out of my 8 PCs I've had three that had that certain inexplicable charm... and truth to tell, they got better and better. My first PC was tons of fun, and I must have sulked for a month after I lost her, but to what is too IC to say. My third, she got wrapped up in so much storyline it was incredible... and then she died to an NPC that she -really- shouldn't have died to, rather abruptly tearing her out of the picture. Another few weeks of sulking for me. The characters after that, I was really struggling to get back into the game. Then I hit another great one on the sixth, which was easily my favorite so far.. and then she died very unexpectedly, and so I sulked for a week or so, and now and then I read over the logs and get incredibly nostalgic and miss her like crazy... but other than that, it's really not so bad.;)

The point to this? Losing characters gets easier. Just gotta accept that not all of them are going to have that magic charm that some of them do, but that you can experiement and have fun until you happen to hit the next.

I lost what I considered was a great three-day character that I'd already sunken into and I haven't been able to get into the game since. I had everything from his flowery emotes to the way he walked, talked, and did from day to day in such a short period of time that it was stunning when I lost him in an instant to a group of NPCs he'd walked by almost hourly ever since I made him.

Though I've since taken a lengthy break from Arm as a whole, even after returning I've been in a creative rut.