Nosave peek : old idea revived.

Started by Harmless, July 16, 2012, 07:26:26 PM

July 16, 2012, 07:26:26 PM Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:30:24 AM by Harmless
6 years ago an idea to show your inventory willingly to someone was suggested. At the time, Morgenes made some good arguments for why "nosave peek" would suffice instead, and there was a good amount of agreement in this thread:

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,21490.0.html

Now, we come to a time after Arm 2 has been closed, and while picking through old threads I found this idea and liked it. I should think it could go back onto the table as something that might be codeable and useful for... (...wait for it...) CARD GAMES! among other things, like making peek a useful command for all the non-sneaky types.

Please read the above thread for more discussion on it if wanted, but the idea itself is pretty simple.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I like the idea of being used for card games...but being able to 'show' would probably be better for that....otherwise you'd be constantly turning it on and off...probably end up leaving it on when you didn't want it on...and everyone would be peeking at your cards!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game