Nosave Regen

Started by Reiteration, July 14, 2012, 10:07:37 PM

July 14, 2012, 10:07:37 PM Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:20:39 PM by Reiteration
A pretty simple idea, a flag that you can set so that when you're sleeping, you don't regenerate health. This can be useful for a variety of roleplaying reasons, such as collapsing when you feel you're a moderately safe distance away from a threat (or not!) and want to leave chance up to whoever stumbles over you without them wondering why theres a person at full-health on the ground asleep. You might also feel that whatever wounds you've endured won't go away just by sleeping.

Scratch just sleeping, Kieandatu made a better suggestion with nosave regen.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Or just "nosave regen" to stop all automatic health regeneration.

Quote from: Kieandatu on July 14, 2012, 10:16:56 PM

Yes please!

Quote from: Kieandatu on July 14, 2012, 10:16:56 PM

Agreed. Changing thread title.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

To be completely honest, I kinda wish that HP didn't regen below the 60% point unless you were successfully bandaged above it by an NPC or a PC with the appropriate skill. However, I can't make a call on how that would work.

nosave regen seems like it would definitely allow more opportunities for both medics, and for people to say "No man. I'm completely beat up" and not just repair that broken arm by sleeping, and adding tdesc.

I dig the idea
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I'd be down for a Nosave regen.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

There are so many times when I've wanted/needed something like this.

Sometimes wishing up and asking staff to punt your HP back down works, but I am all for automating it.

Yes please!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I agree, this would be nice to have for certain situations.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Love it.  Please.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I also like the idea but would like to add it might be even more helpful if you could, with a simple argument, slow the rate of regen instead of stopping it.

nosave regen = No regeneration of any HP/Mana/Stamina/Stun.
nosave regen 10 = 10% of normal regeneration for HP/Mana/Stamina/Stun.

I think this would allow great granularity in how a scene might unfold. 
Nothing to see here

I dig this too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Kieandatu on July 14, 2012, 10:23:10 PM
To be completely honest, I kinda wish that HP didn't regen below the 60% point unless you were successfully bandaged above it by an NPC or a PC with the appropriate skill. However, I can't make a call on how that would work.

nosave regen seems like it would definitely allow more opportunities for both medics, and for people to say "No man. I'm completely beat up" and not just repair that broken arm by sleeping, and adding tdesc.

I like this idea as well, more than no save regen. Health just doesn't regen without proper medical attention or magical healing / regeneration. It would be sweet.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Armageddon: Such high RP that you're asking to be able to nerf yourself.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on July 15, 2012, 01:23:23 AM
Armageddon: Such high RP that you're asking to be able to nerf yourself.
This right here folks.

Although, as a second thought couldn't you also do this.

rest
change ldesc is crumpled on the ground within the shade beside a small boulder.

That way you could see what's coming to emote appropriately... the idea being conscious but prone.  Won't recover hp if your wounds are great enough because not sleeping.

Quote from: Ktavialt on July 15, 2012, 12:33:51 PM

rest

That way you could see what's coming to emote appropriately... the idea being conscious but prone.  Won't recover hp if your wounds are great enough because not sleeping.

This doesn't award the bonuses to things like backstabbing or thieving though, should one of those people come across your body.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Also, for times where you just took a 40hp hit (like a mistake of getting too close to a bahamet) but your endurance is high enough to regen off a 40hp swing... maybe you can nosave regen so you aren't walking around at "Excellent condition" but forced to emote and tdesc vehemently so people know you have half an arm. Plus, what Reit said.

Quote from: Reiteration on July 15, 2012, 04:09:17 PM

rest

This doesn't award the bonuses to things like backstabbing or thieving though, should one of those people come across your body.

No save steal. No save combat.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 15, 2012, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: Reiteration on July 15, 2012, 04:09:17 PM

rest

No save steal. No save combat.

Now you're managing two nosave flags instead of one, just so you can 'emote' crumpling to the floor. But you'd still be aware of people entering, leaving, and you aren't blessed with "someone"s when they include you in an emote.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Now we're starting to get into hypotheticals, with situations that wouldn't necessarily... uh... necessitate a nosave regen. Now its just "This is how you can help codedly move your scene along"

In the vein of this thread, long descriptions should also be reworded. The annoyance of explaining that I am not bleeding to death, when my long description implicitly states that I am, would be eradicated. I think that the long descriptions should mimic the wording used in the command assess.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 16, 2012, 12:18:47 AM
In the vein of this thread, long descriptions should also be reworded. The annoyance of explaining that I am not bleeding to death, when my long description implicitly states that I am, would be eradicated. I think that the long descriptions should mimic the wording used in the command assess.

Quote from: A Large Bag on July 16, 2012, 12:54:38 AM

Quote from: Yam on July 16, 2012, 01:15:37 AM
Quote from: A Large Bag on July 16, 2012, 12:54:38 AM

Not the first time this has been suggested either :P