For Guild, Jaxa Pah, Bejewelled Hand, & Similar 'Organized Crime' Fans

Started by jstorrie, July 12, 2012, 12:21:14 PM

I hope you enjoy this basic sociological overview of Earth's notable organized crime groups as much as I do.

http://sociological-eye.blogspot.de/2012/05/drug-business-is-not-key-to-gangs-and.html

Interestingly, the Guild seems more like the Yakuza than the Mafia!

I enjoyed this immensely. Thank you.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

No problem guys! I hope it inspires even more awesome criminal roleplay.

As Jaxa Pah staff, I endorse this wholeheartedly. People seem so elfy sometimes.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

I found this article very interesting.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I was actually recently thinking about this exact thing: re: Yakuza's business model. I found this line particularly interesting:

From Wikipedia:

yakuza are still regarded as semi-legitimate organizations. For example, immediately after the Kobe earthquake, the Yamaguchi-gumi, whose headquarters are in Kobe, mobilized itself to provide disaster relief services (including the use of a helicopter), and this was widely reported by the media as a contrast to the much slower response by the Japanese government.[14][15] The yakuza repeated their aid after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, with groups opening their offices to refugees and sending dozens of trucks with supplies to affected areas.[16] For this reason, many yakuza regard their income and hustle (shinogi) as a collection of a feudal tax.

Kicking back some hustle money to repair a city after a tsunami? Should sound familiar to players of elves in Tuluk!