Movie lines you would love to use IC.

Started by rocketman, July 08, 2012, 07:53:07 AM

the curly-haired half-giant says, in sirihish:
"He's got very good arms."

The short, bald man says, glancing to the black clad man dangling halfway down the shield wall:
"He didn't fall?! Inconceivable!"

The swarthy, mustached man says, in sirihish, turning to the short, bald man:
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

* ShaLeah has a sudden urge to watch The Princess Bride.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on July 14, 2013, 02:55:08 AM
* ShaLeah has a sudden urge to watch The Princess Bride.
;D
A staff member sends:

While I love the whole song, 'One jump ahead" from Alladin, I would totally use the line.

Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat Otherwise we'd get along
Life sucks, then you die.

The blue robe templar approaches and says to you in Sirihish: I'm Lord Templar Fancyrobe.

You exclaim in sirihish:  Who cares?  I'm Brian Fellow!
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

The highly agitated man says in sirihish, red-faced:
"On this skimmer you're to refer to me as idiot, not you captain! ...I mean, you know what I mean!"
A staff member sends:

Jayne: Don't much see the benefit in gettin' involved in stranger's troubles without a up-front price negotiated.

Shepherd Book: These people need assistance. The benefit wouldn't necessarily be for you.

Jayne: That's what I'm sayin'.

Zoƫ: No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated, this job is strickly speculative.

Jayne: Good. Don't know these folks, don't much care to.

Mal: They're whores.

Jayne: I'm in.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Mal: You're my kind of stupid.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: bcw81 on March 04, 2013, 06:18:27 PM
The brutish, scruffy half-giant says in Sirihish, in a deadpan intonation:
"You're a wizard, Harry."

This wins.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Not a movie, but Star Trek The Next Generation, When Q makes the crew Robin Hood.

Warf

"Captain, I protest!... I am NOT a merry man."

the green-skinned, elderly dwarf says, in sirihish:
"Away put your weapon! I mean you no harm!"
A staff member sends:

the tiny, feathered scout says
"Sire! Hyenas in the pride land!"

The scrawny, sharp-eyed young man says, in sirihish:
"No, I gave you Amos to see him eaten, not to see you fed."

The sharp-eyed, diminutive man says, in rinthi-accented sirihish:
     "Crime and politics, little girl. Situation is always... fluid."

For any lifesworn character, these lines from Point of No Return, a 1993 remake of Luc Besson's La Femme Nikita:

Maggie (quitting as an assassin): I'm through! I'm out!

Bob (her trainer/handler): Listen, which word don't you understand? There is no out, there is no through, there is no out!

Well, book quotes, but same thing - Right?

"I've learned over the years that ignorance was more than bliss, it was freaking orgasmic ecstasy." ~ Harry Dresden

Molly: "You're such a cynic."
Harry: "I think cynics are playful and cute."

"There're things we keep hidden from one another. Things we hide from ourselves. Things that are kept hidden from us. And things no one knows. You always learn the damnedest things at the worst possible times." ~ Ebenezer McCoy

Harry: "He's Black Council."
Eben: "Or, maybe stupid."
Harry: "Not sure which is scarier."
Eben: "Stupid, Hoss. Every time. Only so many blackhearted villains in the world, and they only get uppity on orccasion. Stupid's everywhere, every day."

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

You say to the stuffy, elegant looking noble, in sirihish, glancing over his shoulder at the group of Bynners:
"And whatever you do...don't feed them after midnight."
A staff member sends:

Mr. Furious: I just want to tell you that if I don't call you it's because I'm dead.

Same actor, different movie.

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

Soldier responding to a murder:  "We're sorry we came so late, ma'am.  We would've come earlier, but your mate wasn't dead then."
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Sorry, another from Princess Bride I just remembered, that really would fit into Zalanthas...

You say, to the curly-haired half giant, in sirihish:
"You mean...you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword...and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"
A staff member sends:

Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave

"There's nothing Noble about you, except for the way you're about to die. Death for King and Country, now -that- is indeed Noble."
A staff member sends: