Movie lines you would love to use IC.

Started by rocketman, July 08, 2012, 07:53:07 AM

Because they're mistaking of for have. :P
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on November 27, 2012, 06:00:14 PM
No. 

People type "should of", but they say "should've" which is a contraction of "should have".

...Yes.

Trust me. People say "should of". Knowing very well they're saying of. And not 've. I know this because I too, say of. It's not correct. But people do, all the time here in the south west.

Quote from: boog on November 27, 2012, 06:03:55 PM
Because they're mistaking of for have. :P

but it's speech, in quotes, so you (can) spell out what they're saying, not what they're trying to say.

This is why I say "Should'a"
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Quote from: Recharge on November 27, 2012, 06:05:35 PM
This is why I say "Should'a"

This is just another form of spelling out what you're saying, perfectly fine in quotes. I use this in game sometimes.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on November 27, 2012, 06:05:15 PM
but it's speech, in quotes, so you (can) spell out what they're saying, not what they're trying to say.

Which was the whole point of me leaving in the "typo."

English is not my first language, it never even occurred to me that people say should 'of', and not should have/should've. It feels so obvious.

After many missed shots at a far away scrab

Lowering his crossbow with a click of the tongue, the one-eyed fat man says, in sirhirish,
    "That breed's running them cheap bolts on me again."

I think Decameron stole this one earlier but -- "...never get involved in a land war in Gol-Krathu, but even LESS known, is never get involved in a battle of wits with a salarri, when DEATH IS ON THE LINE! *Laughter of insanity followed by - Mantis face*

Sword Raised.
"And just how do you plan on doing that?"

*Cracks his neck and pulls off his carru-hide gloves*
- "Magick. Motherfuckah."

The handsome human male tells you, in Sirihish: "Dude. You are NOT my nemesis."

This comes from The Hangover 2 obviously (for those who have seen in)

Decs - there are several of us riding in the back of a wagon, different races, strange faces.
A subserviant; well dressed tregil responds to food being placed within my pantaloons, pawing and scratching at the raised trousers.

(laughter ensues)

"awwww... a tregil jerking someone off is funny in any language"
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Action movie announcer voice,
"In a world..." and then pretty much anything action packed.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Totally got to use a quote from Chasing Amy the other day  ;D
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Offers hand to you for a shake. You hesitate and say: "My hands are dirty."

He/she smirks and persists with the hand. "That's alright. So are mine."

I'd kill to see a Noble IG say that. Or a Templar :)
Czar of City Elves.

December 08, 2012, 02:43:54 PM #214 Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:01:33 PM by Morrolan
Quote from: Bast on December 08, 2012, 11:05:37 AM
Totally got to use a quote from Chasing Amy the other day  ;D

Quote from: BankyHard to do when your best friend's wrapped around his naked rugmunch on your couch.
Quote from: HoldenShe had boxers armor on.

?

Quote from: BankyAs it now stands, I have no "...and then she unzipped undid her jumper bisht" stories.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Me:  [minion], you'll find, when the mood strikes me, that I can be most generous.
[Minion]:  We ask for nothing!
Me:  Then you shall receive it...  IN ABUNDANCE!

Quote from: Decameron on July 08, 2012, 02:25:06 PM

"Ghet ta' da wagon!"

Did it on my kadian. heh.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I threw in a Star Wars quote the other day.

I literally threw my arms up in triumph.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Meleth's Circle [NEWS]
This is a place...
There is a corpse pile here.

You say, in sirihish,
     "I see dead people."

*ducks*
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

January 01, 2013, 03:10:37 AM #219 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:20:35 AM by TheBadSeed
The scarred, rugged, super-clean and snappy dressed man says in northern accented sirihish: I am the Chosen Henry the Red. Governor of The Old Quarter, Lord of the Northlands and leader of its peoples.
The slick haired, clean jawed man says in southern accented sirihish: Well helloooo Mister Fancypants! Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Hell, any Army of Darkness quote would be a blast.

One of the favorite lines I've ever used, and just because it went so absolutely and horribly wrong right afterwards was:

"Looks clear."

The line I absolutely desire to use, but probably never will, since I've pretty much quit playing is...

"There is an idea of a Whatever Fale; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there."
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on January 01, 2013, 03:53:50 AM
One of the favorite lines I've ever used, and just because it went so absolutely and horribly wrong right afterwards was:

"Looks clear."

The line I absolutely desire to use, but probably never will, since I've pretty much quit playing is...

"There is an idea of a Whatever Fale; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there."

OMG Please tell me someone responded with a "You said it was clear!"

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 01, 2013, 05:36:12 AM
Quote from: Malifaxis on January 01, 2013, 03:53:50 AM

"Looks clear."

OMG Please tell me someone responded with a "You said it was clear!"

If it was that time the kryl attacked right afterwards. i believe the next words said besides "FUUUCK!" or similar was " I said LOOKS clear"
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 26, 2012, 04:48:25 PM
You contact the mind of the powerfully-built Tor noble.

Meanwhile, at the Tor Academy...

The powerfully-built Tor noble stops attacking the hapless sparring partner.

The powerfully-built Tor noble asks, in sirhirish,
    "Who the hell is interrupting my kung fu?"

YESSSS!!! Except it should be a Jihaen.

As an Allanaki Templar:
"I am declaring war on anybody who sells spice in our community."
Another Allanaki Templar:
"But Amos! *I* sell spice in our community!"