Movie lines you would love to use IC.

Started by rocketman, July 08, 2012, 07:53:07 AM

July 27, 2013, 05:01:37 PM #300 Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:07:07 PM by WarriorPoet
"The best gift to please a woman is the warm, beating heart of an enemy. They say they don't like it, but they do. Make's 'em wet as October."

Have to Zalanthify it, but yeah. Pullo.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

July 27, 2013, 05:20:48 PM #301 Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:22:31 PM by Delirium
Oh god, there are SO many quotes from Rome that would work for Zalanthas.

SUCH AS

Mark Antony: I'm glad you're so confident ... some would call it hubris.

Caesar: It's only hubris if I fail.

I managed to sneak in a quote from Braveheart during the HRPT.

I was told by Rathustra that I absolute had to say "for the Sun King in the North" at some point.  I resisted the urge.  I gave myself a kudos.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I want to play a Mule expy from Asimov's foundation series

It'd take a gazillion karma to do so, but still.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Nyr on July 31, 2013, 04:22:45 PM
I was told by Rathustra that I absolute had to say "for the Sun King in the North" at some point.  I resisted the urge.  I gave myself a kudos.
I was very tempted to play the Rains of Castamere during it. Ohwait. I did.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

For some reason, during all the spam, I had the urge to utter a line from Army of Darkness...

"Oh, you miserable bags of bones! Pick yourselves up, and sally fa...ah.....sally fa...ah....sally forth!"
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

"One does not simply walk into Tyn Dasha!"

Quote from: PriestlySiren on August 02, 2013, 01:11:57 AM

Winner
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: PriestlySiren on August 02, 2013, 01:11:57 AM
Yep, perfect. Zalanthas has its own Mordor now. Now all we're missing are the halflings to return the ring.
A staff member sends:

Had this scene earlier today:

Hopefully this has been sufficiently sanatized of IC info. I'm new here so correct me if not and I'll edit it blank.

I'm in a latrine with SDESC1 and SDESC2.

"
*plink*
Leaning forward, [SDESC1] asks quietly, "Huh...hear that?"
[SDESC2] shrugs at [SDESC1].
*plink*
[SDESC2] says to [SDESC1],"Don't hear nothin'. Just poo drippin'"
Turning to [SDESC2], [SDESC1] asks, "Exactly...just how deep is this thing?"
"

I SO wanted to say "Fool of a Took!"
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

Lord Templar Bill the Butcher:
"How old are you, Amsterdam?"

Amsterdam the Wannabe Assassin:
"I'm not sure, sir. I never did quite figure it."

Lord Templar Bill the Butcher:
"I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed alive this long? All these years? Fear. The spectacle of fearsome acts. Somebody steals from me, I cut off his hands. He offends me, I cut out his tongue. He rises against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all on the streets can see. That's what preserves the order of things. Fear."

You shout, stepping out of his apartment and into the hallway, arms spread:
"GOOD MORNING MY NEIGHBORS!"
A staff member sends:

Reading the 'On "Bad Guys"' thread over on the Roleplaying forum reminded me so much of this quote from Grosse Pointe Blank that I really want to use it on Armageddon now.

Amos: Man, why don't we just do his job, so we can do our job and get the fuck out of here?
Malik: What do you mean, "do his job?" What am I, a cold-blooded killer? I'm not a cold-blooded killer.
Amos: Now, wait a minute...
Malik: No, you wait a minute. You want to kill the good guy but not be the bad guy. Doesn't work like that. You have to wait until the bad guy kills the good guy, then when you kill the bad guy, you're the good guy.
Amos: So - just to clarify - if we do his job we're the bad guys, and if we do our job we're the good guys.
Malik: Yes.
Amos: That's... great.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'm going to use a slightly modified line from This is the End.

"You know what you are... what you're made of. War is in your blood. Don't fight it. You didn't kill for His City. You killed for yourself. Highlord's never gonna make that go away. When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing."

August 05, 2013, 12:07:20 AM #318 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:09:45 AM by Delirium
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

"It had previously occurred to me that the pikey had taken the demise of his mother rather lightly. For every action, there is a reaction. And a pikey reaction is quite a fucking thing."

Oh, Snatch.

More Gangs of New York:

Templar Tweed: "The appearance of law must be upheld, especially when it's being broken."

(altered to fit Zalanthas)

The evil Templar: "They say they found a cure for it, that the world could be saved. Save it? Why? I like the pain. I like the misery. I LIKE THIS WORLD!"
A staff member sends:

The figure in a dark, hooded cloak says in Sirihish:
"The Labyrinth, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious."

The figure in a desert-camouflaged hooded cloak emerges from *something*
The figure in a desert-camouflaged hooded cloak says in Sirihish:
"We have just folded space from Allanak."

The tall figure in a hooded Lirathan robe says in northern-accented Sirihish:
"We see many things, we see plans within plans, you are transparent....you must share with us...."

The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Sorry, just couldn't help myself:

The evil stuck up templar says in sirihish
"First things first, to the death"

The dashing, but cavalier rogue says in sirihish
"No. To the pain."

"I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase."

"I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon."

The evil stuck up templar says in sirihish"
That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me."

"It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose."

"And then my tongue I suppose, I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight."

Westley: I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right.

"And then my ears, I understand let's get on with it."

"WRONG. Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Tektolnes! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

"I think you're bluffing."

"It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all."

The dashing, but cavalier rogue says in sirihish slowly rises and points sword directly at the evil stuck up templar.

In a bold confident voice the dashing, but cavalier rogue says in sirihish
"DROP... YOUR... SWORD!"

The evil stuck up templar's mouth hangs open and drops his sword to floor
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

The pudgy, balding man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "So, my friend, I would ask who you are, but judging by your tattered attire, slave collar, and the fact that the Allanak obsidian mines are ten leagues southwest, what is the point? As for me, I am Amos Vampa, a raider, smuggler, and thief. My crew and I have come to this stretch of desert to bury alive one of our own who attempted to keep some stolen spice for himself, instead of sharing with the rest."

"Interestingly enough, there are some of his more loyal friends who wish me to show him mercy. Which of course I cannot do, else I quickly lose control of the entire group. Which is why you prove such an interesting find."

Curiously, you ask in sirihish:
     "Why is that?"

The pudgy, balding man says in southern-accented sirihish, gesturing to the short, stocky man, who is bound and gagged:
     "You provide me with a way to show a little mercy to Malik - that maggot you see tied up over there - while at the same time not appearing weak. And as a bonus, the lads will get to see a little sport as well."

You ask in sirihish:
     "And how do I accomplish all this?"

The pudgy, balding man says in southern-accented sirihish:
     "You and Malik fight to death. If he wins, we welcome him back with open arms. If you win, I have given Malik the chance to live, even if he did not do his best to take advantage of it, and you take his place in the group."

You ask in sirihish:
     ". . . What if I win and don't want to be a raider?"

The pudgy, balding man says in southern-accented sirihish, drawing a finger across his throat with a smile:
     "Then we slit your throat, and are a little short-handed."

The ragged, stringy-haired man pauses, wetting his lips thoughtfully.

With a smile after his moment's consideration, you say in sirihish:
     "I find that raiding is the life for me and I would be pleased to kill your friend the maggot."

------------------------------------

The short, stocky man asks, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Why not just kill them? I'll do it! Run up to Tuluk - stab, stab, stab, stab. I'm back before week's end. We spend all the 'sid. How is this a bad plan?"

"We shall call you. . ."

The pudgy, balding man says, in an unknown tongue:
    "Zatt arra."

You say in sirihish, appreciatively:
     "Sounds fearsome."

The pudgy, balding man says, in southern-accented sirhish:
    "It means 'sparse sands.'"

---------------------------------

With a snide smirk, the willowy, wrinkle-faced man says, in sirihish:
     "Let's make a deal. You ask Muk Utep for help, and I'll stop the moment he shows up."

The willowy, wrinkle-faced man draws back a barbed, nine-tailed whip.

Stepping in front of the pompadoured, light-skinned man's crossbow, you say, in sirihish:
     "You've only got one shot. And it'll take more than that to stop me."

The pompadoured, light-skinned man says in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Well then I best put it where it'll do the most damage."

The pompadoured, light-skinned man takes aim. . .

The pompadoured, light-skinned man fires a crossbow at the dainty, raven-haired woman!

Striding in briskly behind the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar, holding an engraved chitin breastplate in his hands, the wavy-haired, broad-shouldered man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Every commoner able to wield a sword has been sent to the armory."

His face a bleak mask, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar stares straight ahead into the shadows gathering in the corners of the desolate hall, the sound of wartime preparations muffled by a pair of massive baobab doors.

Hesitantly, as the silence stretches on, the wavy-haired, broad-shouldered man asks, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "...My Lord?"

Still staring straight ahead, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar asks, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Who am I, Amos?"

Waiting behind the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar, tone solemn, the wavy-haired, broad-shouldered man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "You are our Commander, Lord."

Dread hushing his tone to barely above a whisper, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar asks, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "And do you trust your Commander?"

Placing an engraved chitin breastplate reverently around the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar's shoulders, the wavy-haired, broad-shouldered man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Your people, Lord, would follow you to whatever end."

Repeating the words hollowly as his breastplate is buckled into place, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "To whatever end."

Light shining around him from the arrow slits in the thick walls, his pale, tired gaze still staring into the dim vastness of the fortress hall, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar recites, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Where is the horse and the rider?
      Where is the horn that was blowing?
      They have passed, like sand on the mountain,
      Like wind in the grasslands."

As the wavy-haired, broad-shouldered man continues to buckle his armor into place, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar recites, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "The days have gone down in the west,
      Behind the hills,
      Into shadow."

Looking searchingly around the hall, the sound of massive armies tramping through the scrublands outside sounding louder and louder, the grim-featured, grey-haired Jihaen templar asks, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "How did it come to this?"
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 09, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
     "So, my friend, I would ask who you are, but judging by your tattered attire, slave collar, and the fact that the Allanak obsidian mines are ten leagues southwest, what is the point? As for me, I am Amos Vampa, a raider, smuggler, and thief. My crew and I have come to this stretch of desert to bury alive one of our own who attempted to keep some stolen spice for himself, instead of sharing with the rest."

"Interestingly enough, there are some of his more loyal friends who wish me to show him mercy. Which of course I cannot do, else I quickly lose control of the entire group. Which is why you prove such an interesting find."

Curiously, you ask in sirihish:
     "Why is that?"

The pudgy, balding man says in southern-accented sirihish, gesturing to the short, stocky man, who is bound and gagged:
     "You provide me with a way to show a little mercy to Malik - that maggot you see tied up over there - while at the same time not appearing weak. And as a bonus, the lads will get to see a little sport as well."

You ask in sirihish:
     "And how do I accomplish all this?"

The pudgy, balding man says in southern-accented sirihish:
     "You and Malik fight to death. If he wins, we welcome him back with open arms. If you win, I have given Malik the chance to live, even if he did not do his best to take advantage of it, and you take his place in the group."

You ask in sirihish:
     ". . . What if I win and don't want to be a raider?"

The pudgy, balding man says in southern-accented sirihish, drawing a finger across his throat with a smile:
     "Then we slit your throat, and are a little short-handed."

The ragged, stringy-haired man pauses, wetting his lips thoughtfully.

With a smile after his moment's consideration, you say in sirihish:
     "I find that raiding is the life for me and I would be pleased to kill your friend the maggot."

The short, stocky man asks, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Why not just kill them? I'll do it! Run up to Tuluk - stab, stab, stab, stab. I'm back before week's end. We spend all the 'sid. How is this a bad plan?"

"We shall call you. . ."

The pudgy, balding man says, in an unknown tongue:
    "Zatt arra."

You say in sirihish, appreciatively:
     "Sounds fearsome."

The pudgy, balding man says, in southern-accented sirhish:
    "It means 'sparse sands.'"

With a snide smirk, the willowy, wrinkle-faced man says, in sirihish:
     "Let's make a deal. You ask Muk Utep for help, and I'll stop the moment he shows up."

The willowy, wrinkle-faced man draws back a barbed, nine-tailed whip.

Stepping in front of the pompadoured, light-skinned man's crossbow, you say, in sirihish:
     "You've only got one shot. And it'll take more than that to stop me."

The pompadoured, light-skinned man says in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Well then I best put it where it'll do the most damage."

The pompadoured, light-skinned man takes aim. . .

The pompadoured, light-skinned man fires a crossbow at the dainty, raven-haired woman!

My second favorite book, and I -still- like the movie better. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.