Items and keywords

Started by Gilgamesh, July 05, 2012, 08:59:36 PM

Is there any syntax were you can add your own keywords to items, only used by yourself?

For example, lets say you open your pack, which as the keyword "purple", but your cloak has the same keyword, some you must type 2.purple every time to use your pack. It's very annoying.

If their isn't, their definitely should be, especially with the presence of title <mount>.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

Just use a different keyword from the item. Like 'pack'.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

This game is pretty hilarious because I will literally discard and choose items and gear based on their keywords.

For instance, I really hate red things.

If I own a mantis-claw shield and a mantis-bladed sword or whatever (none of these items actually exist) then I will find a replacement for one or the other just to keep myself from confusion.

Red is just the shittiest keyword, by the way.

Maybe we should make a "what's the shittiest keyword" thread...
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

>mount beetle;title beetle beetle
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I think it would be interesting to have the ability to addkeyword <keyword> <item>.

For instance,
>Look in pack

There are several large bags.

If you could have issued 'addkeyword food bag' to a few of them, now you have a way to manage your food in the pack.  You can 'get all.food pack' and grab the bags that you have stored food in.

I personally don't see any potential for abuse but my mind doesn't really tick that way.  Anyone see issues with a feature like this?
Nothing to see here

Quote from: Jestor on July 05, 2012, 11:03:11 PM
I think it would be interesting to have the ability to addkeyword <keyword> <item>.

For instance,
>Look in pack

If you could have issued 'addkeyword food bag' to a few of them, now you have a way to manage your food in the pack.  You can 'get all.food pack' and grab the bags that you have stored food in.

I personally don't see any potential for abuse but my mind doesn't really tick that way.  Anyone see issues with a feature like this?

As items live longer and longer, you will eventually have bags with a million keywords.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Quote from: Samoa on July 06, 2012, 02:26:45 AM
Quote from: Jestor on July 05, 2012, 11:03:11 PM

For instance,
>Look in pack

As items live longer and longer, you will eventually have bags with a million keywords.

Maybe if a new keyword was added, the old one was removed.

And the most shittiest keyword is 'coin' on anything that's not actual 'sid.

I've never had much of a problem with keywords though....it is a pain when you have multiple bags of the same keyword though.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

addkeyword Vera gun

Yes, please. Most everyone ends up naming their weapons... right?

+1
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I dunno. If I had several bags that all looked the same in a pack I'd have to dig through the to find the one I want.

Example:

Went grocery shopping. I have 5 bags of various stuff. Even if I put the things in there myself I'm not likely to remember exactly which bag has which item. And it would get worse as the bag sat inside another bag for days and days!

Point:

You can't automagickally know what's in completely identical bags.

There IS a way around this. Use different bags for different things. There's TONS of different types and sizes. Even "a large bag" has different varities(find out IG, I dunno if this is common knowledge or not yet). Plenty of ways to sort things for those of us who like to sort things and keep them neat.... IG.... And never do anything like that EVER IRL....

Man, I need to clean my real house.

Yeah, in reality I do actually just have a selection of different bags IG rather than a whole bunch of 'large bags'.

Also need to clean my real house. :(

Yes, but there are certain situations where it could be cumbersome to type "2.ginka". A good example is if you're wearing an item with the same keyword as let's say, a trunk. And you have multiple, all the keywords have trunk, and it's color. But every time you open that trunk, you'll have to type 2.ginka because your pants happen to have the same keyword. In this situation, you can add a unique keyword to that trunk so you can open it with ease and without error.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

open trunk

open ginka.trunk

>open 1.chest
You open a pattern-carved wooden chest.

>open 2.chest
You open a crudely-carved wooden chest.

>open 3.chest
You open a plain bone chest.

>open 4.chest
You open a heart-carved pink plywood chest.

>open 5.chest
You open your rib cage.
Your heart falls out.
*beep*
Welcome to Armageddon.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."