A new hemote

Started by shadeoux, July 04, 2012, 06:38:17 PM

I'm not entirely sure if this has been brought up, but I am going to Idea this thought, and I wanted to get some feedback.

A new type of emote that allows the "target" see it like an emote, but others may have a chance to see it if it's not directed at them.

Like squeezing someones leg under a table. The persons it is directly affecting will see/feel it, but the others may not.

Thoughts?
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

So basically, a targetted hemote with a guarantee of successful notice by the target.

Love it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I've wanted this for a while. It's been brought up, but not in its own thread.

snytax:

themote nyr kicks %nyr foot under the table.

you see: You kick Nyr's foot under the table.

target sees: Yam kicks your foot under the table.

others have chance to see: You notice: Yam kicks Nyr's foot under the table.

exactly
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

I dig it!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

;D

Been an advocate for this one for a long time now. Yes please.

Maybe they could just add a function to where, if you add a + before the emote tags already (%, &, *, !, etc) then it's a targeted hemote.

Example: hemote makes a neck-slicing motion toward +~amos, ticking his head toward ~half.elf.

Amos sees the emote without a problem, perhaps with an appending thing that says it's supposed to be subtle.

Other observers, including the half-elf, have to pass whatever check it is you pass to see a hemote.

That works better than the plain version.  You have my stamp of approval.
Fredd-

Pretty funny, I was away during the implementation of hemote, came back and started using it thinking if I used another pc in it that they would see it if I was visible to them. Sucked when I found out much later that this was not true. All the wasted hemotes maybe, :(

Love it!

Quote from: Yasbusta on July 04, 2012, 08:30:43 PM
Pretty funny, I was away during the implementation of hemote, came back and started using it thinking if I used another pc in it that they would see it if I was visible to them. Sucked when I found out much later that this was not true. All the wasted hemotes maybe, :(

Love it!

I actually like this idea the best.

July 04, 2012, 09:19:26 PM #12 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:21:01 PM by Feco
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 04, 2012, 09:03:50 PM
Quote from: Yasbusta on July 04, 2012, 08:30:43 PM

Love it!

I actually like this idea the best.

I don't, as you can't be staring/peeking at someone/someone's something without them seeing it every single time.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Yam on July 04, 2012, 06:56:02 PM
I've wanted this for a while.

+1
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I forgot to voice my approval for this, however.

As long as there is still a chance for someone else to see it.  Maybe a very small chance the person you targeted won't see it, being a hidden thing and all.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I always figured that semotes were more likely to be seen by someone targeted in them. But I'm not sure why I always thought this...and I could be entirely wrong.

Just thought there had to be a coded difference between hemote and semote...and that would the chance of them being noticed and who by.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on July 04, 2012, 09:44:37 PM
I always figured that semotes were more likely to be seen by someone targeted in them. But I'm not sure why I always thought this...and I could be entirely wrong.

Just thought there had to be a coded difference between hemote and semote...and that would the chance of them being noticed and who by.

Yep, there definitely is a coded difference between hemote and semote.  It is not quite that, though.  See the helpfiles for more details.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Semotes can't be seen by sleeping people or in the dark. Also, if you're hidden and use them, anyone who can't see you can't see them.

Quote from: Nyr on July 04, 2012, 09:52:31 PM
Quote from: Maso on July 04, 2012, 09:44:37 PM

Yep, there definitely is a coded difference between hemote and semote.  It is not quite that, though.  See the helpfiles for more details.

Yeah...I mean...I did just make that up to satisfy my need for consistent reasoning to remind myself differentiate between them when using them.

Maybe this could be done with hemotes as they are, but by targeting another PC / keyword as the first word:

hemote Amos Sliding her hand underneath the table, @ briefly squeezes %Amos leg.

As opposed to:

hemote sighs, looking extremely bored.

I love this guy's idea. It makes sense. So much sense.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,37359.0.html
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

That works better than the + idea.
Fredd-

Agreed this is a great idea.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"