So that other thread doesn't get locked, Male and Female Equality

Started by Cerelum, June 30, 2012, 04:05:55 PM

Dear God.

Nyr, lock this one, too?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Cerelum on June 30, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
Quote from: Dar on June 30, 2012, 08:31:09 PM
Folk in the game cant even be prejudiced against breeds and you guys are trying to bring gender into it? Pffffth.
Yeah, I gotta say this irritates me, in Tuluk right now there are Chosen Lords and ladies who are acting like the elves and breeds are humans.

I intended on playing this character hard by the racism bias with elves and breeds, but everyone is so cushy to them.  If I become the hardnose racist I'm going to be looked at as crazy.

I've seen a few people who played the racism angle great, but I've never seen it in Tuluk, everyone just wants to hug everything.

Racism isn't just pointing at an elf and snubbing them in public. Like most things in Tuluk, a lot happens behind the scenes. If anything, I think people shtup other alien races way too often. Don't worry, we notice that too. Racism is alive and well in Zalanthas.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: MeTekillot on June 30, 2012, 08:45:47 PM
Cerelum that has nothing to do with the subject at hand but okay.

That's because in Tuluk, overt hatred or bigotry toward anyone is a no no. Tuluk is about subtlety.

You talk about how nice it was to spend Detal with your mother around that breed or mul. Or you make thinly veiled statements about chopping wood if you're actually talking about having sex or something. Play in Allanak if you want to be a hard-nosed racist and stop trying to turn the thread into a discussion about how Tuluk sucks.

Wow, super sensitive guy, tell me where the thread touched you on this doll.

It was a valid point that made me realize that perhaps I should be focusing on the things people are doing wrong, rather then the things that (I guess) are documented you can't do.

I'm actually admitting I'm wrong.

Quote from: Cerelum on June 30, 2012, 08:13:36 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on June 30, 2012, 08:00:52 PM
cerelum that's all well and good but you were arguing for the right to play a PC who was bigoted against women for shits and giggles because you know they'd get killed within a week.
You are correct, sometimes you just like playing a crazy ass temporary role.

This game has rules and expectations for following documentation.  You should play your crazy ass roles in another game.

Quote from: Cerelum on June 30, 2012, 07:17:09 PM
How about just making sexism another consentable piece.

No.  This is not a good idea.

Quote from: Cerelum on June 30, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
Quote from: Dar on June 30, 2012, 08:31:09 PM
Folk in the game cant even be prejudiced against breeds and you guys are trying to bring gender into it? Pffffth.
Yeah, I gotta say this irritates me, in Tuluk right now there are Chosen Lords and ladies who are acting like the elves and breeds are humans.

I intended on playing this character hard by the racism bias with elves and breeds, but everyone is so cushy to them.  If I become the hardnose racist I'm going to be looked at as crazy.

I've seen a few people who played the racism angle great, but I've never seen it in Tuluk, everyone just wants to hug everything.

If only there were posts on the GDB discussing this exact subject.  If only you had been warned before about sniping complaints about people (who, by the way, are generally busting their asses off) who have been selected to play sponsored roles.

If only!  :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.