Mudlet/ lua targetting

Started by Fredd, June 21, 2012, 07:13:10 PM

June 21, 2012, 07:13:10 PM Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:00:03 PM by Fredd
Alright. i've heard for years that this sort of thing is needed when playing a type of pc. my usual client (Pueblo) Doesn't support alias' key bindings, ect that you all with your fancier clients get to do. LOL.

So, I'm trying out a new client that will support these sorts of things to make things a touch easier on myself.

I can't, though, for the life of me get it to work. But i'm not a coding genius. or even good.

here is an example of what I want to do.

I'de like to set a variable so that I can target something. Such as....

target me (this would make my the target for actions in the future)

This way I could say... keybind f2 to do "cast mon un shut the fuck up &target"
Making me shut up.

update:

I THINK I got this to work. Incase there are other fledgling mudlet users looking to make things work. I'll list what I have here.

Alias: Target

Pattern:  ^t (.*)$

Code: target = matches[2]

this means if you want to target something you do.....

t scrab

----------------------------------
Now lets say I want to make that scrab shut up! It would be something along this line.

keybinding: f2

Code:  send("cast 'mon un shut upl' .. target")

The .. there puts this command with the alias in there placing the targets name where it says 'target'

Lua is case sensative, so remember that.

i hope this saves someone else time. Supposedly this free client is very easy to use when you get the hang of it.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

That's cool. I use Mudlet but haven't been able to figure out how to do anything...despite that - I do really like it.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Thanks!  I will try that

someday.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points