Most interesting / perilous situation you were in when linkdead?

Started by greasygemo, June 18, 2012, 11:38:38 AM

Personally, talking to a recruiter in the middle of a tour of the facilities, and then logging back in, having no idea where I am or what to touch lol
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Perfectly healthy, wandering somewhere, my comp threw up or something, so I have to quit. I log in the next day as soon as I can, to find that my pc is down to about 20 hp, is holding a few goodies that she didn't have yesterday (which turned out to be perfectly safe), and is standing about eleven wilderness rooms away from where I left her.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I'll tell you in a year from yesterday. Seriously, check this post again on 6/17/2013.

Quote from: Cind on June 18, 2012, 11:50:19 AM
Perfectly healthy, wandering somewhere, my comp threw up or something, so I have to quit. I log in the next day as soon as I can, to find that my pc is down to about 20 hp, is holding a few goodies that she didn't have yesterday (which turned out to be perfectly safe), and is standing about eleven wilderness rooms away from where I left her.

Well, it seems PC's do have minds of their own.. lol!

Quote from: Karieith on June 18, 2012, 11:50:51 AM
I'll tell you in a year from yesterday. Seriously, check this post again on 6/17/2013.

That makes me hella curious..

Robbing a Templar's apt while he was fucking his sargeant in the other room. I even watched for a while.

Templar OOC: Consent?
Sarge OOC: Consent.
Someone OOC: Consent....

That character was killed by the same Templar a week later for unrelated reasons. In a last-ditch panicked effort, he threatened to reveal some of the kinky, outwardly noble-like behavior in a last minute psi. (As if that were a good idea? Lol.)

Me: Wait, I'll tell everyone that you like to [kink it up].
Templar (smirking): Shit, who doesn't know that?
Welcome to Armageddon!
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Woops. Re-read this. That was NOT linkdead...

Umm... I came home from the bar shitfaced, started wandering through the flats, got destroyed by a mek. Managed to flee, but ran out of stamina with only a 1 room gap between us. (Close call.) Decided I was too drunk to Arm. Went to sleep right there, and disconnected. Got back on about 8 hours later, still sleeping 2 room from a Mekillot....
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on June 18, 2012, 11:55:56 AM
Robbing a Templar's apt while he was fucking his sargeant in the other room. I even watched for a while.

Templar OOC: Consent?
Sarge OOC: Consent.
Someone OOC: Consent....

Woah.. I am missing out on some key gameplay here...

Many years ago.

Big storm blows out power...right while my PC is in the wilderness..near some agro NPCs.

Power back after like 7 hours.

Me, not in a hurry to log in, I know my PC is dead...so, prepared to make a new PC, I log in.

Enter game, mount still resting there and my PC is only down 20 HP...take stock of the area and notice there is3 agro critter NPC corpses and 5 agro and pretty nasty not critter NPC corpses and a PC corpse.

Near as I can figure, the PC was using my PC as a "gate guard", that or they were just trying to lead enough stuff in to kill him...I tend to want to think it was the first reason, as that is a tiny bit more honorable.

Still, a happy ending for me and the cause of my idea that after a certain amount of time LD, PCs should enter NPC mode, and at least be able to draw weapon, get and wield a disarmed weapon and stand.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Lol. I wouldn't consider MUDsex key gameplay. I personally only ever do it when it can lead to interesting situations. (See above. Hah.)

I remember another time, when I was a newb and being dumb, I had a character get sponsored in the Atrium. (School for refinement, to show you how to properly kiss a noble's ass.) I didn't know it going in, but I was quickly learning that I'm UTTERLY incapable of playing a purely social, non-combat PC. So, after a month, I was getting bored out of my gourd. One day some Lady Borsail was meeting with the highest ranking PC in the Atrium. THey were in some cushy foyer room sipping wine and chatting. I was bored, out in the courtyard.

Being a dumb newb, and wanting something interesting to happen, I set my ldesc to "stands here, urinating in the cook's grill." One room away from the pair, doors open, in plain sight... Now, this was back in High School, in the dial-up days. I spent so much time on Arm, and was so hard to debunk from it at times, that my father had simply started unplugging the cord and plugging it back in from the other room when he needed to use the phone.

... He needed to use the phone.. A lot.

When I finally got back on at least 15-20 minutes later, they were still in the room talking, I was still at the grill ldescing... No one ever mentioned it to me, so I guess they never once typed "look east."

Armageddon.org

Quote from: greasygemo on June 18, 2012, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: me

That makes me hella curious..

I may wind up editing that and putting a new date on it too, it depends on what does down during this rough patch. But for right now, yesterday is still the day to beat.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on June 18, 2012, 12:10:14 PM
Lol. I wouldn't consider MUDsex key gameplay. I personally only ever do it when it can lead to interesting situations. (See above. Hah.)

I mean more along the lines of, why the hell am I not using watch and listen more often.. I think I could learn some shit. :p

But it involves going LD in the -middle- of a PVP fight that was neck and neck straight up and surrounded by hostile, dangerous things in other rooms.... Went LD. Had to restart the router and then restart the client (which took a while as it had roughly 8 days played worth of text in it... thats a lot of text). I logged back into fully expecting to see a mantis head.. But somehow I was still alive and still in combat w. this other PC. I think she/he was surprised as I was.

I ended up getting away and then coming back and deciding NOT to kill the other PC via _____ and later something completely ridiculous, rolfmao-type-stuff happened that I DO have the log for and will tell the story of in a little a bit. Maybe it should go in shame.. Not sure.

Czar of City Elves.

While kicking the crap out of a newbie clan recruit.   :-\

All the most interesting I'm not at liberty to discuss :(

I wonder if the imms must have a crazy IC info story sharing thread on the IDB.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

OMG, I hate being a newb.. I have no idea what is going on... I always feel like I am out of the loop.

Keep hitting the docs, read them whenever there's lag or you're otherwise stuck in game with nothing to do. They'll help sketch in some gaps.

I also strongly suggest roleplaying an idiot for your first character or two.

Nothing epic like a horde of aggros, but memorable for me.
Was being booted around by a carru and at the point where I was up a cliff with 20hp and the carru waiting at the bottom, the game crashed. 
All good , because I was rebooted a few rooms back and not a carru in sight.  Or a mount, but found that a month later.

It wasn't quite linkdeadedness, but my old landlord banged on my door and dragged me off to the office to sign some contracts and stuff while my character was actively dying of poison, unconscious and thus unable to partake of the cure that would save her. It ended up taking about forty minutes to get all the paperwork squared away.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I was playinga BIG meathead in the AoD during the Copper Wars. I think his nickname was like Mini-Giant or something, anyways we were heading out towards the main part of where the shit was hitting the fan and my dude got lost in a sandstorm got turned around and ended up heading straight off towards some ominous canyons, being that he was an idiot. Had absolutely monster stats though, ended up going LD suddenly in a bad juju area. When I finally reconnected the next morning I had offed several meanies and a very unique mob that shouldn't have been there. >.> I then died to a rather large hungry beastie on my way back.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

On another game, I once got unexpectedly (and non-negotiably) pulled away and threw up a quick AFK flag. My character was codedly following someone else, and that friend decided to go adventuring, dragging along my completely unresponsive PC into what was technically enemy territory.

When I finally got back, I was alone and surrounded by a bunch of very pissed off PCs in a place my character really should not have been. (My friend had buggered off to safety in a way my character couldn't follow.) The hostiles had, very kindly, waited until my AFK flag lowered to verbally rip me a new one, and after I managed a few bewildered, apologetic emotes they let my PC be off on his way with only some dire threats about never returning.

...lesson learned.

The best fuck-ups always involve Bynners.

I had a PC a few years ago who was out riding with his sergeant. I had a really spotty connection at the time so was used to is cutting out every-so-often. Last thing I saw was the sergeant saying about checking out Red Storm East... then linkdead.

So I go make a cup of tea, sometimes it took a while for the connection to come back up.

20 mins later I log back in. Sergeant's corpse is lying here, and I'm sitting down engaged in combat with a mekillot with only a shield.

Somehow I managed to survive that one... I can only assume I logged back in just as the mekillot attacked and my mount kicked me off.

Quote from: Adj on June 20, 2012, 08:28:05 PM
Quote from: Spoon on June 20, 2012, 07:40:25 AM
The best fuck-ups always involve Bynners.

I had a PC a few years ago who was out riding with his sergeant. I had a really spotty connection at the time so was used to is cutting out every-so-often. Last thing I saw was the sergeant saying about checking out Red Storm East... then linkdead.

So I go make a cup of tea, sometimes it took a while for the connection to come back up.

20 mins later I log back in. Sergeant's corpse is lying here, and I'm sitting down engaged in combat with a mekillot with only a shield.

Somehow I managed to survive that one... I can only assume I logged back in just as the mekillot attacked and my mount kicked me off.

Whoa.

20 minutes to make tea? That's some hardcore tea-making right there.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

I'm English. The tea I make burns through the floor of you spill it. No exaggeration though, it really was about that long before I got back on!

It's just not tea without the ceremony.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.