Tailor Suggestion

Started by Gilgamesh, June 14, 2012, 02:36:14 PM

I think it would be a good idea to make packs a tailor-able item. (i.e. you can close the pack, so instead, you go the tailor he sews a flap so it can be closed)
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

... I don't think you understand what the tailor-NPCs in game do.

And I have yet to see a pack that can't fit someone.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

No, no.....the OP means he wants packs/bags that are not able to be closed to be tailored to close.

You cannot open a red, tregil-adorned backpack.
*tailor*
You can now open/close a red, tregil-adorned backpack.

//Edit: Unless I misunderstood you, and you do understand it and just randomly mentioned sizing. If so, my bad bcw81.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I did understand that's what he wanted. But that's not what the NPC's do.

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

One solution to this might be to submit a crafting suggestion with a new, closeable bag-object as the outcome. The ingredients might be your non-closing pack, and a flap of leather or cloth (depending on what the outcome should be).

For example, let's say you have a piece of leather and a non-closable leather pack:

>craft piece pack
>You can make a flapped leather pack from that.

Thus, you don't have to find a IG tailor to do it. Instead, find a PC.

Quote from: bcw81 on June 14, 2012, 03:16:43 PM
I did understand that's what he wanted. But that's not what the NPC's do.

This would be considered a 'new feature' of the tailor NPC if it was to be implemented.  If they currently did that, it would not need a thread about that functionality.  This would be in addition to the resizing feature.

Yes, but doing this would require certain items to all have two descriptions - one for the closable item, and one for the unclosable item... Also, every rinthi ever would just pay the 6 sid for that one shitty cloak and get it tailored to close.

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81I did understand that's what he wanted. But that's not what the NPC's do.

Which is exactly why the OP was making the post in the first place, to suggest that they be able to.

I think it might also be neat if you could hire a tailor to add a hood to certain cloaks and capes, etc. Once, many moons ago, I bought a cloak that I thought was really kick ass. I went to the tailor and wished up asking if the tailor could install a hood. The tailor was animated and stitched on a hood for me :)

Quote from: Suhuy on June 21, 2012, 10:20:19 PM
Quote from: bcw81I did understand that's what he wanted. But that's not what the NPC's do.

Which is exactly why the OP was making the post in the first place, to suggest that they be able to.

I think it might also be neat if you could hire a tailor to add a hood to certain cloaks and capes, etc. Once, many moons ago, I bought a cloak that I thought was really kick ass. I went to the tailor and wished up asking if the tailor could install a hood. The tailor was animated and stitched on a hood for me :)

That's kind of awesome.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

June 22, 2012, 03:32:12 PM #9 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:34:43 PM by Desertman
I've always wanted a certain shop in Allanak that custom makes clothing to be expanded upon greatly.

Its one of the neatest shops in game in my opinion but its options are pretty limited. It would be neat if it was like our current tattoo artists.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on June 22, 2012, 03:32:12 PM
I've always wanted a certain shop in Allanak that custom makes clothing to be expanded upon greatly.

Its one of the neatest shops in game in my opinion but its options are pretty limited.

Agreed.  SO much potential.

It would be quite uber if it could be rescripted to provide the amount of choices that certain tattoo artists have.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on June 22, 2012, 03:34:00 PM

Its one of the neatest shops in game in my opinion but its options are pretty limited.

Agreed.  SO much potential.

It would be quite uber if it could be rescripted to provide the amount of choices that certain tattoo artists have.

Haha, check my edit.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Its one of the neatest shops in game in my opinion but its options are pretty limited. It would be neat if it was like our current tattoo artists.
God yes.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870