HELP KARMA, so I don't derail the other topic.

Started by Cerelum, June 11, 2012, 04:23:42 PM

QuoteNo more than two karma points can be awarded in any one
category area and the longevity category is limited to one karma point
only.
This is interesting, so to get to the highest levels of Karma you have to be in leadership?

I've played a GMH guy before and it was torture.  Is this exclusive to sponsored roles or does just working your way up in a clan from the bottom count?

June 11, 2012, 04:28:43 PM #1 Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:31:05 PM by Nyr
I think you need to check your math.

edit to add:

or your reading

(definitely one of those)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on June 11, 2012, 04:28:43 PM
I think you need to check your math.

edit to add:

or your reading

(definitely one of those)
Alright, I'm playing the game, trying to not get murdered, watching my niece and quickly typing in questions.

There is no need to be such an condescending jerk.

Look it's apparent you and me aren't going to get along.  If you're not going to be helpful, why do you keep screwing with me?

Shit, you should be banned for trolling the hell outta me.  Everytime I post something you're quick to snark at it, do what you just did there and attempt to make me look stupid or some other form of abuse.  Dude if you don't like me, stop fucking talking to me.

And for the record, in your old post it said Producers only answered complaints to the staff, and you've answered a few of mine, about you, stop it and let them do it.

Just to be more clear, even excluding longevity, you can never play a karma, sponsored, or leadership role, and still reach 8 Karma:

Good communication - 2 Points
Ability to role-play - 2 Points
Proven understanding of cultural and racial structures - 2 Points
Contributes to the game - 2 Points

(At least in writing.  Mileage may vary)
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

June 11, 2012, 05:05:23 PM #4 Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:08:48 PM by palomar
Quote from: Cerelum on June 11, 2012, 04:23:42 PM
QuoteNo more than two karma points can be awarded in any one
category area and the longevity category is limited to one karma point
only.
This is interesting, so to get to the highest levels of Karma you have to be in leadership?

I've played a GMH guy before and it was torture.  Is this exclusive to sponsored roles or does just working your way up in a clan from the bottom count?

Do like Nyr said and read the helpfile. It might HELP.

QuoteStaff base their decisions to award karma on a set of categories. Each category has a list of criteria which players need to meet in order to gain a karma point. No more than two karma points can be awarded in any one category area and the longevity category is limited to one karma point only.

Categories:

- Longevity

- Good communication

- Ability to roleplay

- Proven understanding of magick and its place in the game world

- Proven understanding of cultural and racial structures

- Contributes to the game

- Leadership

Seven categories, where six of them can "earn" you 2 karma at most. Longevity is limited to 1 karma. Nowhere does it say you need to show good leadership.

To answer your question about leadership: It doesn't have to be sponsored roles, or even really working your way up (say, from Recruit to Sergeant). I've earned one or two karma from being a good tribal, looking out for younger tribemembers and showing tribal responsibility towards other PCs around my character.

Well, I was expecting you'd get banned on the GDB after your last ban, but not so blatantly and not so quickly.

I'll start from the top.

Quote from: Cerelum on June 11, 2012, 04:36:37 PM
Alright, I'm playing the game, trying to not get murdered, watching my niece and quickly typing in questions.

There is no need to be such an condescending jerk.

You've been blowing up the GDB over the past couple of days with things that you could find out on your own with a little trial and error, a little reading, or a little of both.  Empowering players to use existing tools (search tool on the GDB) and resources (documentation/helpfiles/helpers) is part of the job.  We've even taken to adding helpfiles for even really minor stuff like the moons and stars, all due to a much-easier interface for adding helpfiles.  We want to be here to help out when needed, but we put this other stuff out there to be used, not glanced at!

Look it's apparent you and me aren't going to get along.  If you're not going to be helpful, why do you keep screwing with me?

I've given you pretty direct answers on everything you've asked until this thread, which is where I gave you a hint towards the answer rather than the answer itself.  If that's "screwing with you," then don't ask questions; you're going to get a lot more of that if the answer is already on the GDB, in a helpfile, or something you can figure out on your own.

Shit, you should be banned for trolling the hell outta me.

I don't think you understand how the General Discussion Board works.  As I alluded to above and before, you are really bad at just posting without doing any reading or thinking of your own.  That's pretty much a bad idea, all around, especially if you're also prone to fly off the handle on the GDB, whether it be about IC stuff or flaming or trolling or baiting people.  There's rules for that. 

Quote1. Please don't flame. While you can criticize the opinions of other people, do so with respect for them as a fellow human.  Unnecessary, flaming, baiting and trolling will be removed and the instigator and respondees may have their posting privileges revoked.  This rule extends to criticism and baiting of staff. If you have a complaint against a staff member please place a complaint via the request tool, complaints and flaming of staff on the boards will not be tolerated.

Go file your complaints in the request tool about me, then!  That's the way to go, not a power-to-the-people "ban yourself, you obviously need to be banned" comment.

Everytime I post something you're quick to snark at it, do what you just did there and attempt to make me look stupid or some other form of abuse.  Dude if you don't like me, stop fucking talking to me.

I'm generally the one around to moderate the GDB.  You've (lately) generally been the one to post new stuff that is game-related on the GDB.  You're quick to post with an attitude towards a subject, a group of players, staff, or anything, really, and that's not productive or mature--nor does it prompt anything but a defensive posture from everyone.

And for the record, in your old post it said Producers only answered complaints to the staff, and you've answered a few of mine, about you, stop it and let them do it.

You've filed 5 staff complaints.  None have been about me.  Some have been resolved by me.  Background:  back in the day, storytellers could resolve staff complaint requests. That must be the case 'cause I resolved one in 2008, and that's crazy. Staff wisdom = hey, that's probably not the best idea, let's restrict the tool a bit more so that only admins can do it.  Staff wisdom later on = hey, if an admin gets complaints, they shouldn't be able to resolve them, so let's limit it to producers only.  That's where it stands now at least.  Things (policies, the game, etc) change over time.

Good luck.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.