Are people too focused on Mudsex?

Started by A Large Bag, June 05, 2012, 11:41:28 AM

People will kank ANYTHING if they like that character's emoting enough.  :P Sadly, looks and smells don't transmit over a text medium very well.

Quote from: Nyr on June 07, 2012, 12:29:00 PM
Did your GMH family member understand that this was a problem/or could be an issue?  Overall that's not really a big deal, though.  Templars can be dumb, and so can GMH family members!

Nope, not a clue. But she didn't mingle social classes, she was just a rich commoner so anything her status was fine to mingle with. She was a devout Nakki though and the higher templars at the time seem to have had a problem with the relationship.

Was your "mutant's" mutation a "sexy" mutation, or was it something actually grotesque?  (Did people even know this was a mutation?)

If you consider a silver-skinned albino constantly cloaked and covered from head to toe sexy, then sure! Nothing gross though. I had a Tuluki bard that was grotesquely, and I mean fucking nasty scarred from head to toe and SHE got lots of 屌.

Did your mundane ever expect the Krathi to burn his/her bits off?  Did your mundane have prejudices against magick at all?  When you say everyone knew they were a couple and played accordingly, did they treat both of you like crap?

No, she didn't. Didn't even cross her mind that he might be dangerous. Everyone else yes, him no. Most said shit behind their back (yay listen!) - This Krathi was also the bodyguard to the Nenyuk Agent at the time. Quite a few people were open about how wrong she was and her Byn-mates even plotted to kill her.
* ShaLeah cackles insanely!

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 07, 2012, 11:35:34 AM

I played a GMH family member that got a Templar in trouble for falling stupidly, devotedly in love with her and wanting to claim the bastard she was carrying. She had big ass scary templar in charge (NPC) berating her how she ruined his career. He ended up trying to prove his loyalty to the city and did a suicide run against a filthy sorceror.

Seems like the GMH should have been on you about that, too - moreso than the Templarate.... Political neutrality and all... Such a thing would give Tuluk an excuse to hammer the House's northern branch hard...

Anyway, I prefer to have the least amount of mudsex possible, unless there are IC concerns/interests to the contrary.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

lol
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Maybe people would be less tempted to do it if we replaced the term 'mudsex' with the term 'mudbutt'..

ooc Consent to some good ol' fashioned mudbutt?

Huh.. No thanks  :-X
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 07, 2012, 12:44:19 PM
Did your GMH family member understand that this was a problem/or could be an issue?  Overall that's not really a big deal, though.  Templars can be dumb, and so can GMH family members!

Nope, not a clue. But she didn't mingle social classes, she was just a rich commoner so anything her status was fine to mingle with. She was a devout Nakki though and the higher templars at the time seem to have had a problem with the relationship.

Mingle?

You keep using that word; I don't think it means what you think it means... :)

(I am pretty sure sex is more serious than mingling)

Was your "mutant's" mutation a "sexy" mutation, or was it something actually grotesque?  (Did people even know this was a mutation?)

If you consider a silver-skinned albino constantly cloaked and covered from head to toe sexy, then sure!

Well, to be fair, your PC did not look like an albino.  It looked like someone with silver skin.  That's not albinism, that's a mutation that is mild at best, particularly when it's covered in the helpfiles for humans (skin tones in the faint blues or greys--silver is pretty close).  So overall that's unsurprising that your mutant was successful at being a whore:  it's likely no one realized this was a mutation.

QuoteThis Krathi was also the bodyguard to the Nenyuk Agent at the time.

How things change.  Krathis can't even get a good job working for Nenyuk anymore!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on June 07, 2012, 01:25:30 PM
Mingle?

You keep using that word; I don't think it means what you think it means... :)

(I am pretty sure sex is more serious than mingling)

(ahem, I meant mingling bodily fluids) [I can hear people squirm from here! w00t!]

Well, to be fair, your PC did not look like an albino.  It looked like someone with silver skin.  That's not albinism, that's a mutation that is mild at best, particularly when it's covered in the helpfiles for humans (skin tones in the faint blues or greys--silver is pretty close).  So overall that's unsurprising that your mutant was successful at being a whore:  it's likely no one realized this was a mutation.

Her description was rather poetic (done on purpose to detract from the mutation), but doesn't take away from the fact that the bitch was silver! She was roleplayed with the same aversion to the Sun as an albino, blistering and everything if she was under it at all. There was also at least 3 PCs who turned up their noses at her whoring and gave flack at the time, called her a northern mutant. You're right though, she wasn't repulsive and doesn't count. I hate when you're right.

QuoteHow things change.  Krathis can't even get a good job working for Nenyuk anymore!

They would be if I were playing a Nenyuk (and it weren't closed). She'd have her chin up defiantly all the way to assassination too!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Sav on June 06, 2012, 11:08:53 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on June 06, 2012, 09:19:36 PM
Apparently staff watch me all the time. :c

Quote from: Account NotesSpotted sexing up REDACTED, REDACTED half elf. Not sure anyone knows yet.

On the bright side, at least they didn't join in? During a very compromising but not-yet-explicit scene on another game, with two characters in an IC-stigmatized relationship in a private room, one of the staff swung by, watched for a while, and decided to animate up a vNPC.

Awkward. Hilarious, but awkward.

This has totally happened to me. In Arm. With a noble. Several times. Plus several other times when I got sent fun echos during and.... Er.... After. Yay for Zalanthas STDs!! Annoying, but funny.

Er, to clairfy, the vNPC INTERUPTED the sexy time, they didn't JOIN IN.

Man. Gotta love balconies and bored Staff.

A young girl gazes up at the balcony, eyes going wide.

An old man and several of the crowd cheer.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

With me the amount of time I spend mudsexing tends to depend on my PC. I've had PC's that spent a good deal of time focused on sex but I've also played pc's that have gone the other way. In fact I had a long lived Oash aide that made it up to Adviser who had a three bastards by a Lord Heir and we ALWAYS faded. I don't think it distracted from our relationship at all. I just try to play my char like a real person. Also my mudsexing has a direct correlation to how busy my PC is. If I'm in a leadership role I tend to fade just to spend time doing clan related stuff. I agree with Yam and Rouge though...I really don't think there is a problem here unless consent is being ignored or a player is playing unrealistically, at which point it should be reported to staff. 
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Some people on the GDB definitely are.  I'm amused by the position that some times arises in discussions:

Talk about subject X.   (mud sex, gicking, undesirables, some sort of 'twinking' as identified by a person or subset of posters, and so on)

Post 1:  Is subject x happening too much?

Post 2:  I don't do subject x, so I'm superior.

Post 3:  I do subject x, and it isn't a bad thing.

Post 4: (X-D) You're not right about subject x, besides, I could do it 4x better in a third of the time, noobs.

Post 5:  (my post) Why even bother talking about subject x?

Seriously, unless its affecting you and your pc, who cares? Take individual complaints to the complaints/questions request tool.  Let people play how they want to play.

For a more direct contribution to the thread:

I've played loyal mates, manwhores who I hoped would get unholy vengence rained down on them, and celibate types.  Some faded, some didn't, and in the end, I didn't really care either way. 

Its a personal choice from person to person, pc to pc, so, just leave it at that.

Expensive sex.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

In Zalanthas, naked mud wrestling is the purview of only the swankiest of Great Houses.

i wish this thread would just die already.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on June 07, 2012, 07:41:29 PM
i wish this thread would just die already.
This. 

I think that people playing characters that are intimate and love one another is awesome.  I think players who turn Arm into their own Skinemax channel are doing it wrong.

three words: ginka sauce wrestling.

okay, one more word: Danu. <3

Quote from: Delirium on June 07, 2012, 11:02:26 PM
three words: ginka sauce wrestling.

okay, one more word: Danu. <3

My character was the CAUSE of that ginka sauce :)

I think I remember that... I do remember Danu wanting my character to try some because he'd just invented it or something like that.

That feels like ages ago, man. Good times. Loved that character! He was pretty much the closest thing Zalanthas ever had to a mad scientist.

Quote from: Delirium on June 07, 2012, 11:31:27 PM
I think I remember that... I do remember Danu wanting my character to try some because he'd just invented it or something like that.

That feels like ages ago, man. Good times. Loved that character! He was pretty much the closest thing Zalanthas ever had to a mad scientist.

Yessssssssss!!! It was my MUTANT (even though Nyr doesn't count it as mutation) whore that was the inspiration for that. He was a hot mess. First character too.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming!
/derail
(although he sure was a you know what-er)

Quote from: Cerelum on June 07, 2012, 08:51:54 PM
I think that people playing characters that are intimate and love one another is awesome.  I think players who turn Arm into their own Skinemax channel are doing it wrong.

About sums of my opinion on the matter. I'm all for developing romantic interests because it helps really flesh out a character and make them feel more alive. It also provides some of the more substantial changes to a PC's life. Logging in just to textually sex someone up for a couple hours, though, in my opinion - Is unproductive and not adding very much to the game, itself.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 08, 2012, 01:05:30 AM

About sums of my opinion on the matter. I'm all for developing romantic interests because it helps really flesh out a character and make them feel more alive. It also provides some of the more substantial changes to a PC's life. Logging in just to textually sex someone up for a couple hours, though, in my opinion - Is unproductive and not adding very much to the game, itself.
I honestly think mudsex should be banned because it -doesn't- add anything to the game.  Should be in the rules you must FTB for all sexual situations.

Quote from: Cerelum on June 08, 2012, 01:31:16 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 08, 2012, 01:05:30 AM

I honestly think mudsex should be banned because it -doesn't- add anything to the game.  Should be in the rules you must FTB for all sexual situations.

:D Hahhaha, that's funny.

We expect adult players to be mature enough to be able to handle adult situations in a textual form.  The act of roleplaying out a sexual situation in-game (with or without a fade-to-black) can lead to other roleplayed scenarios involving murder, corruption, betrayal, and fleas. 
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

June 08, 2012, 08:58:18 AM #124 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:05:03 AM by Is Friday
It's kind of sad, but sexual encounters with my PCs usually end up with the other player completely disconnecting from mine afterward. I suspect it is because I choose to fade. There's been a couple where that isn't the case and my PC (and theirs) is looking for something more substantial (relationship-wise, not uh... sex emote-wise), but I dunno....

I feel so used.

I'm not always about RPing "meaningful" relationships or whatever and some of my characters do have casual sex... but it's just fades. Then the other party won't even interact with my PC--or pretend my PC doesn't exist, kind of like she's suddenly a male dwarf. I guess now I know what it feels like to be a typical high school girl.... I'm not saying these PCs "roleplay ignoring my PC", I'm saying they literally ignore me as a player.

That's my primary problem with mudsex--I feel like it encourages that sort of behavior.

What a mindfuck.

:'(
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.