Makin' Muls and getting rich

Started by Gilgamesh, June 01, 2012, 06:13:25 PM

I was browsing the docs and I came to a realization - A mul is a very expensive slave, trained or not. By this reasoning, could a dwarf and a human bred just for the purpose of selling the Mul? It also says that no willing relationship has been documented, however it's says nothing on rape or just to mate not because they are in any sort of relationship (other than the possible camaraderie of the two). It would seem reasonable idea, considering how desperate some people get, and making Muls and selling them is a very simple way to get quite a bit of obsidian, especially for two commoners. So does this seem at all reasonable, or just something that would not happen?
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

I've heard it said that the birth of the mul kills the mother, so unless a Dwarf mother's focus is "make a mul" a willing relationship is practically an impossibility. The mother is always going to have to be forced or tricked into the deal.

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 01, 2012, 06:13:25 PM
I was browsing the docs and I came to a realization - A mul is a very expensive slave, trained or not. By this reasoning, could a dwarf and a human bred just for the purpose of selling the Mul? It also says that no willing relationship has been documented, however it's says nothing on rape or just to mate not because they are in any sort of relationship (other than the possible camaraderie of the two). It would seem reasonable idea, considering how desperate some people get, and making Muls and selling them is a very simple way to get quite a bit of obsidian, especially for two commoners. So does this seem at all reasonable, or just something that would not happen?

It's a very complicated process, which is why only certain houses carry it out.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Yeah, not your typical conception.

Probably not as hard as making a half-giant though, when you think about it.  ;)

That and with the mother's body constantly trying to reject the baby and having to get certain genes just right so the mul isn't dinky and messed up and medicines and probably magicks to help with the birthing process.

Even without magic or having to worry about the biological processes at work, the 'practicalities' of making a mul make my skin crawl. I imagine the mothers would have to be restrained so they don't throw themselves down a flight of stairs, and then you got to keep them fed (without the benefit of IV). Probably the creepiest thing I've thought about in Zalanthas.

Half giant creation, by comparison, must of been so absurd that it's kind of darkly funny. I imagine bath tubs of 'donated' material and full immersion...

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 01, 2012, 06:44:09 PM
Half giant creation, by comparison, must of been so absurd that it's kind of darkly funny. I imagine bath tubs of 'donated' material and full immersion...

LOL.

Thankfully the docs are explicit that half-giants are the product of magick.  I don't think they can be made traditionally.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Half giants are not sterile like muls are. You make a half giant by finding a male and female half giant who love each other very much. Then you show them a special hug for people who love each other ...
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Feco on June 01, 2012, 06:50:37 PM
Thankfully the docs are explicit that half-giants are the product of magick.  I don't think they can be made traditionally.

Sounds like a "find out IG" challenge to me.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 01, 2012, 06:56:54 PM
Quote from: Feco on June 01, 2012, 06:50:37 PM

Sounds like a "find out IG" challenge to me.

wish all Someone mind animating this silt giant?  I'm trying to seduce it.  Thanks.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I was browsing the docs and I came to a realization - A mul is a very expensive slave, trained or not. ... . So does this seem at all reasonable, or just something that would not happen?

Owning a mul is a lot like owning metal.  If you don't have the muscle to hold onto it, it won't be yours for very long.

It would just not happen. No "free mul" or mul outside of Borsail or Winrothol (and maybe Kasix) has ever been documented. Two commoners, no matter how much time they spent locked in the apartment, would lack the secret to making it actually work.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Sounds like a business plan.

Do it and tell us how it worked out for you.

(seriously, I'm a big fan of whacky schemes)
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Now when I think of half-giants I have to think of the flesh golem from net-hack.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

if I remember correctly when I first started playing arma, they offered rewards to "help" them make muls if you were an employee of certain houses. But thats the only thing ive heard about along the lines of what you are asking.
Love's the only war worth dying for.
Build me up to knock me down, I'm all yours.

This is one of those ideas:

>think Hey, if we could make muls, we could be super-rich!

>think We would be so rich, we might even be able to start our own House!

>feel like he might be missing some important point

>think Right. So maybe someone beat us to it.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

June 05, 2012, 12:53:54 PM #16 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:55:51 PM by WaNoBe
I don't know. In my opinion, I would think House Borsail/Winrothol would have successfully bred slaves specifically to be great mul mother material, and they would have been so indoctrinated at this point that they would be /willing/ to sacrifice their lives to create a mul. Maybe even take pride in it.

There's a dwarven focus for that. Or an unlucky human girl in chains.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I thought they just dug them out of the ground like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.....damn, I hate being wrong... ;)
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Would the average commoner even know that Muls are half-dwarf, half-human? I'm not so sure. Might be why there are no dwarves with a focus of starting a Mul breeding ranch.

Quote from: armplayer on June 06, 2012, 07:00:50 PM
Would the average commoner even know that Muls are half-dwarf, half-human? I'm not so sure. Might be why there are no dwarves with a focus of starting a Mul breeding ranch.

I think it would be common knowledge.  The main thing stopping people is likely the difficulty/unpredictability of the pregnancy, the monopoly on the creation of muls, and the idea that human-dwarf interaction is fucking gross.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Yeah. I think you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who would potentially kill themselves with a mul pregnancy, not to mention what Taven said, up above.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Curiously, since it seems to require some sort of magic trade secret to produce a mul, does that mean the two species can engage in coitus without fear of the woman becoming pregnant and dieing? Barring the fact that most Zalanthans know very little about genetics anyway, and would therefore just avoid the act out of fear. But if a dwarf man were to rape a human female, would it be a the mark of death as well?

inb4 find out IC
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

It sounds like keeping the pregnancy going is the main hurdle, not so much the fertilization (sexual taboos aside). That's where the magic and the forced-feeding and the rest comes into play. But that's just what I've gathered from this thread.

Quote from: Reiteration on June 07, 2012, 08:15:32 PM
Curiously, since it seems to require some sort of magic trade secret to produce a mul, does that mean the two species can engage in coitus without fear of the woman becoming pregnant and dieing? Barring the fact that most Zalanthans know very little about genetics anyway, and would therefore just avoid the act out of fear. But if a dwarf man were to rape a human female, would it be a the mark of death as well?

inb4 find out IC

Mul mix!!! If I were in either situation, or any rape situation, I'd be all about the mul mix in game, baybee. ;)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I wonder if they fade to black or ask for content when the nobles of those houses get to making muls.

Quote from: Feco on June 06, 2012, 08:54:58 PM

I think it would be common knowledge.  The main thing stopping people is likely the difficulty/unpredictability of the pregnancy, the monopoly on the creation of muls, and the idea that human-dwarf interaction is fucking gross.

Besides, the mul would probably break your arms and run off a few moments after birth.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on June 08, 2012, 01:31:25 AM
Quote from: Feco on June 06, 2012, 08:54:58 PM

Besides, the mul would probably break your arms and run off a few moments after birth.

Here, everyone, I found video of what happens after the birth of a mul!
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC