Character approval meh?

Started by Reiloth, August 13, 2003, 03:31:12 AM

Just wondering, is the character approval process slower because of Sanvean's absence?

I'm going literally crazy because I can't get my arm fix. You must understand the need to make this pointless post, or else I will go literally INSANE from the waiting.

Gah. ahh. rar.

Edit:

Been waiting for 24 hours. thats a day. in real life. last time I checked. thats so long. to not be playing arm.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Not that this is always the case, but an extended wait for approval may be caused by not logging off completely.  If a player does not log out completely (hitting 'X' at the mantis head), then the staff member reviewing that application will not be able to even lookat it, let allow review and reject or approve it.

So to aviod any unnessicary waiting for character approval, please make sure that you've completely logged out of your account.

Thanks,
-Myrdryn
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

I got my char approved within 24 hours today, so I think you must of not quitted out properly ;)

My last character approval, a couple days ago, was also within 24 hours.  But it was longer than 12 hours, which seems like an eternity when you are waiting.  I also never recieved an approval letter for that character, two days later I still haven't recieved the approval letter.  Luckily I am paranoid, so after a while I log on to make sure I logged off properly, and the second time I did that my character was approved!  It even had a customized approval note attatched.  Very perplexing.

My point?  Every 12 hours or so I log on to check, because you never know when the internet is going to eat your approval letter and leave you in an endless limbo filled with wailing and despair.  Just make sure that you exit properly each time you "check in" otherwise you throw your application out of the que and you won't be approved until after the next reboot.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

It is not a matter of logging out properly.  I made a post on this subject just now and I am running on 17 hours, almost 18 now.  The last time, a few days ago ran 10 hours.  So apparently someone is not jumping on the ball (no offense to whoever is doing this.)

Ah you also forget the Northeast lost power last night..That could be a problem for some imms no?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Please don't post inquiries regarding approvals when you have been waiting for less than 24 hours.

Thanks.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]