Helpful hit for in-game bullitin boards

Started by Angela Christine, August 13, 2003, 02:14:21 AM

You may not realize that the same editing functions used in character creation will work on the IC bullitin boards.

.s Will show you what your message looks like.  It is good for checking the readability.

.f Will format the message, so that all the lines wrap nicely.

.i Will format the message into lovely indented paragraphs, good if you want a multi-paragraph message.

I could be wrong about all this, it's been a while since I used the boards, but it is worth a try if you want to send clearer messages using the boards.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

This should definitely be read by all. I've seen too many board messages that look like big blocks.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the helpfile on the bulletin boards say they -don't- work in that editor.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Carnage"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the helpfile on the bulletin boards say they -don't- work in that editor.

Nope, I specifically said I'm not sure. ;)  Unfortunately my current character has no information about anything, so I have no excuse to write a test post.  I _think_ I've used them, but it was a long time ago so I'm not sure.  Still, it doesn't hurt to try, what hurts is trying to read baddly formated messages.  :P

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

What I do is I find out however many characters are preffered to be on the board (think it's 80) and change the width of notepad to be 80 characters wide and then at the end of each line I press enter. Simple ;)

Quote from: "Carnage"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the helpfile on the bulletin boards say they -don't- work in that editor.

It is true.  They -will- work.  Everyone, please use these commands.

Thank you,

-Myrdryn

P.S.  .p checks your spelling!  More commands here: http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?editor
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Lovely indented paragraphs! Outstanding!
he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound

how do you use those damn indented paragraphs? Everytime I try I screw up  :evil:

Weeeird, I *swear* I've used them before on bulletin board posts and all I got was .c on an empty line by itself.

Maybe that was a long time ago and it was changed or maybe its the pills.

It's the pills.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Quote from: "John"how do you use those damn indented paragraphs? Everytime I try I screw up  :evil:

I agree.  I tried using this command in the character generator to indent the 2 paragraphs in my character's background and instead ended up with one long paragraph.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

The indentation thing is tricky. You either have to put a few extra spaces in before the line you want it to indent at or you have to enter a carriage return between the two paragraphs to make sure it'll end up indented. Like...

>First paragraph goes here,
>Here, here, blah blah blah.
>    The beginning of the second paragraph
>must have extra spaces so that the editor knows you want it indented.

Hope that explained things. :P

And if you type .s and don't like what you see, you can type .c to clear it all and start over.

Have fun.