Web-Based Character Creation

Started by Maso, May 21, 2012, 10:55:08 AM

Just something I wanted to throw out that I would love to see. Like we can edit and add bios through our account on the website...it would be so super duper awesome if we could input our initial character creation application through the website too. Copying/pasting descriptions and bios into the mud directly is such a ball ache, especially in regards to formatting. Would also make it a damn site easier to check over for mistakes etc if it's all laid out as a simple form......

Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I thought I should add...I don't actually have balls.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Oh, not that kind of Web-Based Character Creation!

Actually this doesn't sound too bad of an idea, especially if it also included a character counter (like twitter/youtube comments) so we know we're nearing the limit.

This has been worked on in the past, and some ongoing underlying changes to Arm will make it easier in the future.  So just hold your horses.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

If this could assist in IC document creation I would absolutely love it.  I'm afraid of/annoyed by the text editor.

Quote from: Morgenes on May 21, 2012, 01:01:02 PM
This has been worked on in the past, and some ongoing underlying changes to Arm will make it easier in the future.  So just hold your horses.

<3
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Sweet! Thanks a ton.

While the thought of this is intriguing, I would also like a wiritng editor from the webpage. For all the people who write on tavern boards and books and whatnot.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Trying to think about a way it would work for books....Maybe it could generate a code that you then paste into the mud through a client to populate a book or something? :/

i thought i should add... i don't have horses

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 21, 2012, 10:01:53 PM

Ugh, IC info.

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 21, 2012, 10:01:53 PM

Don't worry. He was addressing me. I have horses.

Couldn't we use the request tool for this?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on May 22, 2012, 04:48:03 AM
Couldn't we use the request tool for this?

I imagine staff would have to then manually put it in game, each time.

I assume the coders are working on some changes that would allow an automated system outside of actually telnetting in.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

As Morg said, it's been worked on in the past.  There's a lot of 'stuff' needed to make it possible but ... you never know.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.