Trigger Help

Started by bcw81, May 19, 2012, 07:46:56 AM

Is there any way to set up a group of triggers that will all function off of one event, but have it set so only one of the random triggers goes off?

Specifically, I'm in Mudlet trying to implement my ASCII food art idea when I get hungry. I have the first one down fine, but I can't figure out how to add more than the one without my entire screen flooding with a potluck of food every time my character gets hungry.

As a note: I currently have a folder named "Hunger Code" with nothing in it (because it also counts as a trigger), and then under that I have the first ASCII code that someone posted in the RAT. It's a simple "When you see this line, replace it with this food image" thing.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I wouldn't know about Mudlet specifically, but wouldn't it be easier to assign each ascii to an alias? Then I'd think you should be able use the standard randomization syntax, and just have it fire off a random alias.

I have no idea what the "standard randomization syntax" is. Also, aliases would be if -I- input the command. I want this to show whenever the game shows the message "You are hungry" or whatever.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"