Wear All

Started by brytta.leofa, May 04, 2012, 01:18:55 PM

I've mentioned before how terribly upset I am that people walk around town in their armor even when manifestly Not Hunting/Mercenarying/Policing?

Syntax:
    remove <object>
    remove (<message>) <object> [<message>]
    remove all <type> <container>

...where <type> is one of: armor, clothing, jewelry, other.

> remove all armor bag
You strip off your armor and stow it in your filthy, crude hide bag.
The tall, muscular man removes his armor, stowing it in his filthy, crude hide bag.

And when duty does call...

Syntax:
    wear <object>
    wear all
    wear <object> <location>
    wear (<message>) <object> <location> [<message>]
    wear all <type> <container>

> wear all armor bag
You remove the armor from your filthy, crude hide bag and strap it on.
You couldn't wear a cuirboilli helmet over your horror-visaged greathelm.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I can see the appeal of it, but I'm not sure it is necessary.  You can already do the majority of this without using aliases or triggers.

Put all of your armor in one (or two) containers, and put all of your clothing in one (or two) containers.

Get all container.
Wear all.
Get all 2.container.
Wear all.

You're done, barring the few things that may be worn a few different spots.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I think this would be more of a patch for players too lazy to remove everything and put regular armor on when they're done hunting/killing/etc. I mean, it would be nice, but people should do this already with or without the code.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Nyr on May 04, 2012, 01:26:26 PM
Put all of your armor in one (or two) containers, and put all of your clothing in one (or two) containers.

That's the time-consuming part.  Getting it out, as you say, is easy.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

It'd be awesome if we could title our items, or tag an item into a set.

Amos is wearing a full suit of skimpy lingerie.
He tags each piece of his lingerie with the keyword mudsex

Remove all mudsex
Wear all mudsex

remove all hunting
wear all hunting

remove all social
wear all social

As an aside. I hate how I'll be crafting and be moving my crafted stuff and accidentally take off clothes too.

You can set up aliases for that, with enough time and patience...

>outfitsocial

>get frilly.shirt baobab.chest;wear frilly.shirt body;get fancy.black.boots baobab.chest;wear fancy.black.boots feet

etc, etc, so on.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on May 04, 2012, 01:18:55 PM
I've mentioned before how terribly upset I am that people walk around town in their armor even when manifestly Not Hunting/Mercenarying/Policing?

24-Hour Armor is a prime example of Acceptable Breaks from Reality.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I've always been a bit sad that the depth of documentation on fashion and local customs gets essentially ignored by many player-characters. It's not game-breaking, but it's a subtle nuance of roleplay that really adds to the depth of the world; plus it's essentially necessary if you're playing any sort of socially-aware character. Especially if you're playing a Kadian!

Quote from: Delirium on May 08, 2012, 02:36:22 PM
I've always been a bit sad that the depth of documentation on fashion and local customs gets essentially ignored by many player-characters. It's not game-breaking, but it's a subtle nuance of roleplay that really adds to the depth of the world; plus it's essentially necessary if you're playing any sort of socially-aware character. Especially if you're playing a Kadian!

This post.  It's like you stole it from my mind.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on May 04, 2012, 01:18:55 PM

Syntax:
    remove <object>
    remove (<message>) <object> [<message>]
    remove all <type> <container>

...where <type> is one of: armor, clothing, jewelry, other.

> remove all armor bag
You strip off your armor and stow it in your filthy, crude hide bag.
The tall, muscular man removes his armor, stowing it in his filthy, crude hide bag.

And when duty does call...

Syntax:
    wear <object>
    wear all
    wear <object> <location>
    wear (<message>) <object> <location> [<message>]
    wear all <type> <container>

> wear all armor bag
You remove the armor from your filthy, crude hide bag and strap it on.
You couldn't wear a cuirboilli helmet over your horror-visaged greathelm.

I would so love for this to work but I can not get it to save so much typing

On my very first character, I made a mushclient trigger that opened my pack and removed all my armor and put it in the pack while also getting out regular clothes from the pack and putting them on.

I would type "onarmor" or "offarmor" and FWOOMP, my gear would switch. It felt a bit cheesy, so I didn't do it in public ...
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I do that too.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Thunkkin on May 13, 2012, 11:02:20 AM
On my very first character, I made a mushclient trigger that opened my pack and removed all my armor and put it in the pack while also getting out regular clothes from the pack and putting them on.

I would type "onarmor" or "offarmor" and FWOOMP, my gear would switch. It felt a bit cheesy, so I didn't do it in public ...

>hide
You search for a good place to hide.

You attempt to hide yourself.

>watch heavily-armoured
You begin watching the heavily-armoured man.

You notice: The heavily-armoured man subtly gesture with his hand, his gear flying off of his body and landing neatly in his pack as a set of street clothes whirls through the air, finding their place on his body.

>look heavily-armoured
You do not see that here.

The plain-clothed man grins smugly as he looks down at himself, smoothing out his light brown pants before strutting out of the room.

>think (uneasy) Krath damn magickers...
Feeling uneasy, you think:
Krath damn magickers....

;D

New idea for Zalanthan Superman.

Quote from: manipura on May 13, 2012, 12:36:18 PM

>hide
You search for a good place to hide.

You attempt to hide yourself.

>watch heavily-armoured
You begin watching the heavily-armoured man.

You notice: The heavily-armoured man subtly gesture with his hand, his gear flying off of his body and landing neatly in his pack as a set of street clothes whirls through the air, finding their place on his body.

>look heavily-armoured
You do not see that here.

The plain-clothed man grins smugly as he looks down at himself, smoothing out his light brown pants before strutting out of the room.

>think (uneasy) Krath damn magickers...
Feeling uneasy, you think:
Krath damn magickers....

;D

If I ever play a whiran, I'm going to go through one of those transformation scenes from Japanese Anime, and do something like that.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set