Editing Musch client colors

Started by Kebron, April 24, 2012, 06:18:02 PM

Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like to edit the colors for my prompt but I can't figure out how...

April 25, 2012, 02:01:50 AM #1 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:04:04 AM by Iiyola
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I have a hard time playing without that status bar, anymore.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Does anyone know how to get a GUI mapper to work in this? I can't seem to make any of the plugins work and the forum from his website doesn't give step by step instructions he expects you to know how to do it already which is useless if you don't. -.-

April 26, 2012, 12:44:09 PM #4 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:09:06 PM by Feco
Quote from: Kebron on April 26, 2012, 12:24:17 PM
Does anyone know how to get a GUI mapper to work in this? I can't seem to make any of the plugins work and the forum from his website doesn't give step by step instructions he expects you to know how to do it already which is useless if you don't. -.-

I think I tried it once in my super early days, when I was still having trouble getting used to the MUD environment. I got so used to it after I failed that I haven't given it a thought since.

EDIT: I accidentally a letter.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I used good ol' pen and paper, until I was familiar enough with the game to eschew with maps all together.

I think I still have them laying around somewhere... I used colored pencils and everything, they looked pretty.

April 27, 2012, 09:55:58 AM #6 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:57:39 AM by Tenua
Quote from: Feco on April 25, 2012, 08:03:14 AM
I have a hard time playing without that status bar, anymore.

Edit: Also, on MUSHclient you can "highlight" words. This is ESPECIALLY useful for stuff like "gives you" and "telepathic". It was no nice not to miss someone SHOVING SOMETHING INTO YOUR HANDS or SOMEONE TALKING IN YOUR HEAD in the spam of a room or the spam of walking. :-D

Can't remember off-hand how to do it, but it's fairly easy.

I just highlight the word "you"

> Display
> Highlight word
> Enter word
> Enter color

voila
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I kind of go highlight crazy. I highlight 'you", directional words (north, south etc) and color words (blue, red etc). I highlight the sdecs of PCs I know. I looked up the colors of a couple of the frequently mentioned woods and plantlife and highlighted them the color they are.

I've highlighted several of the successful/unsuccessful command echos, the Waying messages, the hunger/thirst echos, room titles and probably several other things. My client is a rainbow  :D