Mining

Started by Irathu, March 30, 2012, 01:38:30 PM

I am curious about a question when it comes to mining.

In the city states I am curious as to whether or not merchant houses or other houses control the mining in the area or if it is done mostly by independents who bring it in and sell it off.

Any information or help in this would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Quote from: muckguppy on April 12, 2013, 12:03:35 PM
I don't always play muds, but when I do.. it's something ridiculously opaque and has the learning curve of a chinese instrument from 600 BC.

Not certain about Tuluk. It would be common knowledge that in the south there are mines controlled by the city, with many soldiers inside. which would equate to about 98% of all mining I would guess.

If you're talking about obsidian and glass mining, then find out IC.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

you know, a lot of the "find out IC responses" involve finding out about things that could be common knowledge, but can be construed as something a spy may probe about.
and if my experience is any verification
templars are paranoid as fuck about spies

I understand the concept of finding out IC, but this is something that I am trying to develop a concept for a character and without at least some information I am unable to develop it any farther. But thank you kindly for the replies.
Quote from: muckguppy on April 12, 2013, 12:03:35 PM
I don't always play muds, but when I do.. it's something ridiculously opaque and has the learning curve of a chinese instrument from 600 BC.

What I was trying to imply is that Nobles and GMH born might or might not control this depending on the person.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Templar and Noble House character players are likely to be as uninformed or misinformed as you about something like this. 

I would say to put in a request to the staff for the information, and explain why you need it.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

The templarates like to control these things, and the answer for Allanak was basically already given. As for Tuluk, it could be assumed that since the templarate and House Uaptal (and to some extent House Tenneshi and House Dasari) control most natural resources, that also includes any mines that may or may not exist (I am sure it's common knowledge that there are no obsidian mines like the ones in the south).

If you want to know if a specific resource is mined in or close to either city-state, I suggest putting in a request about it.

Please note that this is only what has been my personal experience and in nowise actual game policy, and that said experience is out of date by a number of months, BUT...

..from what I have seen with those of my characters who were 'sid miners, the deposits just outside of 'Nak are representatives of what is supposed to be an area rich in readily accessible obsidian.  Large mines would be controlled by the City, as is the case with one coded mine already, and I would imagine that there are a number of smaller, virtual mines though I could not say who within the city owned them.  The deposits that get uncovered by the wind and mined until swallowed by the sands again are the "iceberg tips" that poor or independent individuals or organizations harvest to turn a profit that is so small as to be ignored by the City or larger Merchant or Noble Houses interested in the trade/material source.  This does not mean, however, that one of these larger organizations might not decide to augment their profits by a minor margin and impose their "rights" to unclaimed 'sid deposits found about the immediate area.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Twilight on March 30, 2012, 03:44:11 PM
I would say to put in a request to the staff for the information, and explain why you need it.

This is the best way to go about getting undocumented IC info that you feel your PC -would- know.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Another option is to pay a dwarf or a breed 20 sids to shout "I'm going mining!" the whole way there and see if they come back.