Question about throw, syntax

Started by redkank, February 27, 2012, 12:25:36 AM

Trying to make sure I understand how this works.  Lets say in a room I am in, there is person with the keyword BLUE standing nearby.
North of me there is a mob with keyword BLUE also.  Lets say I
THROW KNIFE BLUE NORTH

Will this hit the Blue in the room?
What if the BLUE north moves into my room, will it then throw at BLUE in my room?

Thanks, sorry for the newbie questions.

Okay, 'throw knife blue north' will only target and hit (depending on your skill, you could miss) the keyword blue in the room North of you, if blue approaches into your room you will no longer throw the knife. To then hit Blue in your own room you just need to type 'throw knife blue'.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The addition of the direction in the syntax will make sure you are throwing north. If the target you specified is not to the north, you won't throw an object at him/her just like you wouldn't be able to make an emote at him if he wasn't in the room.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I might be wrong, but I dont think so. If you're throwing blue north, and the blue leaves and 'another' blue enters that northern room ... you will throw at at the second blue.

Kudos for throwing things at blues, especially knifes ... or rotten petochs.

Yes, on the off chance that there is a second person with the same keyword who enters the room after the one you're aiming at leave, you will throw it at him. Use better syntax if that ever becomes a problem.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"