Bulk Spice Buyer - Hell Yes

Started by Hot_Dancer, February 14, 2012, 07:32:08 PM

Hell Yes Hell Yes Hell Yes

I love any tool that can be used as a mechanism to grow potential game economy (and all the excellent plot lines/diverse play and
junk that comes with it), especially when it uses a local resource.

THAAAANKEE.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Yeah, I'm really pleased to see this addition.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

Thank you staff!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

This is another reason why the staff of this game pwnz.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Definitely a good addition, I only regret that I'm not currently playing a character that can take advantage of it.

Quote from: morrigan on February 14, 2012, 09:31:32 PM
Definitely a good addition, I only regret that I'm not currently playing a character that can take advantage of it.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

1) As long as it beats out salting!

2) As long as the masses foraging spice means Kurac can sell -more- spice [at the same price of course]

Quote from: Jeshin on February 15, 2012, 09:42:37 AM
1) As long as it beats out salting!

We'll watch it for possible modification; the script automatically logs to the runlog and to staff whenever anyone uses it.  This particular job straddles two areas (indies and GMH) so Nechomacus and I look it over.

2) As long as the masses foraging spice means Kurac can sell -more- spice [at the same price of course]

Virtually, this should have been assumed to be happening already, just like poop scooping; people didn't just suddenly start scooping up poop for profit a couple of RL years ago.  The addition or modification of something coded for PCs doesn't mean it never existed (and to address your specific point about Kurac, that may not necessarily be true either).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Nyr, I sent in a request concerning this since I wasn't sure if what I was experiencing was acting as intended. Just a heads up if you don't see it there first.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

He is also "standing in the way" of the other merchant there, which might make it less newbie friendly. Shows him as having nothing to sell instead of defaulting to the merchant you normally deal with in this building. Maybe set him outside beside various barrels or something so you can access both merchants without having to know how to 'list merchant keyword' 'buy #4 merchant' etc.

Fixed both issues Dan mentioned.  Or rather, fixed the second issue outright (thanks Necho), fixed the bug causing the first issue too.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

This addition is so tasty.
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

A great addition.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

In the words of a certain space marine...

'Bout damn time.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on February 16, 2012, 01:07:04 AM
In the words of a certain space marine...

'Bout damn time.

'nough said.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I still can't get this guy to work.

He keeps telling me I have more than just spice, when I am certain I only have grains that have been sifted. I also have more than his required minimum for turn in. I have tried three separate containers while trying to turn it in. Not sure what is up.

Quote from: Dan on February 16, 2012, 08:08:34 AM
I still can't get this guy to work.

He keeps telling me I have more than just spice, when I am certain I only have grains that have been sifted. I also have more than his required minimum for turn in. I have tried three separate containers while trying to turn it in. Not sure what is up.

Got that fixed too.  Thanks for letting us know!

I really approve of this addition. Makes one of the key concepts of Red Storm so much smoother. I will seriously consider rolling up another PC there in the future because of this. I suppose it removes some of the incentive for Kurac PCs to be based there, but I guess they're needed more in other parts of the world.

Nyr, another error. All this spice this agent of mine is buying isn't being forwarded to that undisclosed location we set up.