Triggers: How to.

Started by Kol, January 14, 2012, 09:14:53 PM

Just curious, how does one set up a trigger? I've looked, and know that triggers that involve anything to do with combat are bad, and grounds for banning. That's fair.

But Triggers that colour, those could be useful, in say's, psi's, for important notable people that a specific social action is required, those kinda interest me. I'm as thick as two short planks when it comes to coding though, anything at all in that end confuses the hell outta me. So I was wondering if anyone would care sharing  tips for colour coding triggers to match words, the prompt bar, or other things?

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

January 14, 2012, 10:06:41 PM #2 Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:10:21 PM by Kol
Mush-client.

I'm looking into other clients though, such as the free C-mud ones, Mudlet, portal, yadda yadda.
A staff member sends:

Well I can help you set it up, better to pm might be a few messages.
Up to you, let me know what you want and I'll give you the steps

I've been using C-Mud Pro for some time, and could probably help in that department if you or anyone else needs help setting it up. The mapper was an infernal pain to set up with Arm to begin with ><
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I've heard of auto-mappers...never really looked into them much, much of my mapping is memory, and so far, seems to work pretty well, are they any good?
A staff member sends:

Honestly, I rely on my maps more often than not. It helps me keep a ground of where I am, and adds a needed sense of visualization to the game that I can't easily otherwise do without. Instead of thinking "go north, then east a few times" I think "Follow the squiggle of the tetris block!"

The map is a very powerful tool and should (or shouldn't) be used for that reason.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

A staff member sends: