Mini-RPT: Open Practice for Gladiators

Started by Talia, January 09, 2012, 01:23:27 AM

The public is invited to watch the gladiators in an open practice in the Allanaki Arena, Weds Jan 11th, 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific. Sit in the stands and root for your favorite! Should be plenty of good roleplay to be had.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I love you.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Hahaha, sure sucks to be a Tuluki right about now.

Not if they're playing gladiators!
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

This is happening in around 2.5 hours.
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I'm depressed that I'm missing this!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on January 11, 2012, 09:33:58 PM
I'm depressed that I'm missing this!

Me too!
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

God that was so sick.

I'm rooting for Botros the Scrab. Seems like I'm not the only one.

That was a fucking creepy article of clothing on the one fellow. Um, was that thing real?

I loved every second--- it felt like a real tournament rather than just practice in terms of the amount of awesome.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

We are glad you guys enjoyed it. This is not the only practice we'll conduct, there will be more / other times for you guys to try to get to. We do want to try to spread the love around, so much as we can (since staff are required for running this).

Quote from: Cind on January 11, 2012, 10:54:04 PM
That was a fucking creepy article of clothing on the one fellow. Um, was that thing real?

I loved every second--- it felt like a real tournament rather than just practice in terms of the amount of awesome.

Imagine what the finals are going to be like. And find out IC.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Talia on January 11, 2012, 11:24:39 PM
We are glad you guys enjoyed it. This is not the only practice we'll conduct, there will be more / other times for you guys to try to get to. We do want to try to spread the love around, so much as we can (since staff are required for running this).
Yay!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I'm going to run one of these again today at 3 pm Pacific / 6 pm Eastern / 11 pm GMT for anyone who wants to come watch. This will be the last open practice before the games next weekend.

Doing this about now.

And thanks for the snark! It's great to be appreciated for what I do for the game. So sorry if it inconveniences you.

Quote from: Talia on January 22, 2012, 07:22:09 PM
And thanks for the snark! It's great to be appreciated for what I do for the game. So sorry if it inconveniences you.

A mildly humored post about wishing i'd been notified earlier so I could SEE the things you do in game, in order to appreciate them. Not all snark is venomous, or serious. Sometimes it's just for fun. There's no need to get all defensive.