Gladiators are in game: See the personalities!

Started by Adhira, January 07, 2012, 02:39:22 AM

That was brilliant.  Nasty, but brilliant.

I absolutely adore the fact that Boros thought to steal a finger, but seriously, that was RPd fantastically by all parties.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Yam on January 11, 2012, 01:47:19 AM
Fuck. Damn. Fuckshitcocksuckholyasshole

FTFY
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

I personally would love to see more stuff like this in the future.  The whole fly on the wall viewpoint is quite awesome.

Brutal.....that's one hardcore scene.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Very nice.  ;D
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Oh
Em
Gee

I couldn't look away, seriously. AMAZING, scary, gruesome, cruel and how perfectly Zalanthan.
We should all be so lucky as to die that way.

I got chills reading that.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I get why staff might want to post IC info on the GDB if it's for a set of temporary characters whose actions shouldn't have much bearing on the outside world -- if, however, they are anticipated to have effects beyond their own confined space, then temporary or not, that seems a bit iffy to me. I skimmed over the logs there, anyway. Never mind temporary gladiators, was it really necessary to post the exact circumstances of a "real" character's death on the GDB?  ???

I don't particularly want to sound like a killjoy, but could there please be a line drawn as to what else goes in this thread? Keep it entirely (or at least mostly) to the temporary PCs?

Maybe I read it wrong, but wasn't it a temp gladiator that died?  Not a regular "real" PC.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

I don't see a problem with it considering that character -was- a gladiator at the time.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

I think it's a little iffy myself. Seeing current PC sdescs (besides the Gladiators) in logs on the GDB, getting a hint of the political clime, etc.

Not to say it isn't a neat idea. Maybe some more stringent editing is in order, though.

Quote from: Delusion on January 11, 2012, 03:43:12 PM
I get why staff might want to post IC info on the GDB if it's for a set of temporary characters whose actions shouldn't have much bearing on the outside world -- if, however, they are anticipated to have effects beyond their own confined space, then temporary or not, that seems a bit iffy to me. I skimmed over the logs there, anyway. Never mind temporary gladiators, was it really necessary to post the exact circumstances of a "real" character's death on the GDB?  ???

I don't particularly want to sound like a killjoy, but could there please be a line drawn as to what else goes in this thread? Keep it entirely (or at least mostly) to the temporary PCs?
Agreed.  Well-played as it was, that seemed like a pretty excessive display of current IC information.   :-\

Quote from: JustAnotherGuy on January 11, 2012, 03:46:44 PM
Maybe I read it wrong, but wasn't it a temp gladiator that died?  Not a regular "real" PC.
you are mistaken fair sir

Quote from: Bacon on January 11, 2012, 03:48:24 PM
I don't see a problem with it considering that character -was- a gladiator at the time.

If you were heavily involved in plots relating to said PC, you might.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The permission of all involved non-gladiator (apped gladiator) PCs was requested and enthusiastically granted prior to the log being posted. No sekret names or other details were revealed. The character who died had been enslaved into that role, which is (as you all know) something that necessitates the end of the character. Adhira is the one who went through the log, edited anything she deemed ICly sensitive, and posted it. The Storytellers responsible for these clans were also consulted and were fine with the decision to post it.

I think you guys are fussing. Relax and trust staff a bit.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

-snip- Talia said it all.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

January 11, 2012, 04:35:05 PM #45 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:36:38 PM by Celest
Quote from: JustAnotherGuy on January 11, 2012, 03:46:44 PM
Maybe I read it wrong, but wasn't it a temp gladiator that died?  Not a regular "real" PC.

At the risk of giving out IC info, no, a real PC died. A real PC from a fairly prominent clan in Allanak, at that. Given that they were enslaved, though, I don't think it matters in terms of plot info (because there will be no more plots with that PC!). It also should be fairly common knowledge around Allanak, if that was a public event.

Quote from: Talia on January 11, 2012, 04:11:00 PM
The character who died had been enslaved into that role, which is (as you all know) something that necessitates the end of the character.

The back and forth over this needs to stop. You guys are blowing this up into something huge, when it's really not. If you want to complain to staff about what we have done, please, feel free to file a Staff Complaint through the request tool. Otherwise, it's not open for further discussion, because it's taking this thread to a bad place, when what we are doing is trying to provide you guys some vicarious enjoyment.

So, stop.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

There is NOTHING quite so epic as a good death.

And that looks like a freaking awesome death, really. I loved reading this log. Seeing everybodies viewpoints is something one could only wish to get a chance to do.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on January 11, 2012, 06:16:14 PM
There is NOTHING quite so epic as a good death.

And that looks like a freaking awesome death, really. I loved reading this log.

I know. I only wish I had ever had a death like this with any of my characters.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis