Regarding The Upcoming Chargen Change

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, November 30, 2011, 09:55:34 AM

Here's my suggestion for stats: allow spending a CGP for an extra reroll self. I guess that makes reroll undo a little more complex but whatever.

Quote from: Nyr on February 08, 2012, 02:37:14 PM
Quote from: Maso on February 08, 2012, 02:23:53 PM
Also, what changes have occurred recently? I'm so out of the loop.

Major announced changes

Changes to the Karma System  -- karma measurements are in place and in use for account notes reviews.  However, we have only implemented special-apped extended subguilds and skill bumps at this time (see more on that in the next point).

You can special app for an extended subguild or for skill boosts.  All of the non-magickal extended subguilds are open for a special application.

There's lots more unrelated to code but these two are the big ones lately.

Oh that's brilliant. Thank you. :)

Does that mean we will have a simple way of checking our exact karma points etc? If we are to be possibly spending them?
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on February 08, 2012, 02:23:53 PM
On stat boosts: Someone has to play the underdog, newer players with less karma should be those, you earn your way out of that position with time and effort into the game.

Experienced players already have an advantage over newbies in the form of game world knowledge. It boggles my mind why people think they also need hard-coded, statistical advantages. Not only do you not need it to successfully smack newbies around, but it does nothing to make the game better. In fact, I can imagine a newbie feeling discouraged because they have the impression that they keep losing fights because their character is gimped. That could chase new players away, when we always need more newbies.

It could be argued that new players haven't yet proved that they can be trusted to have stat boosts etc. It's exactly the same as having an advantage because you play a mul or a sorc except it's more subtle. It would also have the effect of older players maybe turning back to mundane characters and spending their points on stats rather than being a magicker....which I would see as a plus. There seem to be an awful lot of magickers around. But I'm not even sure why it matters...since it's not going to happen?

While I'm here...are the extended subguilds in place of subguilds or as well as?

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

If you pick an extended subguild in a special application, it would be in place of a normal subguild.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Superstar, thanks. Sorry for all the questions. I'm sure it's all about on the boards somewhere but I'm having a hell of a time reading through stuff to catch up. :)

/\/\/\/\/\

Woah, woah, woah! Why all the hostility? Simmer down, you edit that right now young man before you get this thread locked! *stern glare*

Anyway, I actually have a question! 1 boost to 1 stat = 1cgp right? And a special app is Karma +3  so even a newb with no Karma could still special app for 3 stat boosts! Someone with 1 Karma, like Adj has four whole cgp to use on stuff.

Upon submission of a special app must you state what stats you want the boost in at app? Or can you just say, "I'd like to purchase three stat or skill boosts please. :3" and then wait to see how you roll to determine where it goes?

Otherwise maybe you get a really lucky roll and then what? :/

I'm locking this.  Apparently there's misinformation out there (maybe from this thread remaining open) that we are going to boost stats in this system.

We are not.

You can prioritize your own stats.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.