Bravo

Started by Anarchy, November 19, 2011, 05:33:16 PM

I've been playing on and off since earily 2000, and last night was the shittest experience i've ever had.

To get Pked only one hour into my first PC in 8 months is just utterly disgusting. I get its a harsh world but
I was practically a newbie, still trying to remember everything, still trying to remember the commands.
I was acting like a newbie, I knew it, I was disgused with my role-play form. But I was getting back into the groove.

I dont care about the PK, i've been Pked heeps but it was very twinkish, and shit on an OOC level. Dont lure newbies out
nto the desert go as far as you can until their movement is gone and then attack them. The player involved really should be
ashamed of themselves.

Regardless, i've lost any desire to come back. And while I wont be missed, this sort of behaviour isn't going to benefit the Mud
in any way shape or form. More so if "newbies" are going to be targeted and killed for no reason other then leet loot. Whatever
happened to just plain robbing them? Its not like I could have done anything. I have no movement points.

Disgusting and pathetic. Enjoy.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

The correct reaction to such an event is to put in a player complaint to staff. Players do get punished for breaking rules. Your reporting the event would actually help the MUD a lot more than complaining on an open forum here, since players have absolutely no ability to punish other players when they break the rules, but staff do.

Please submit a player complaint. It won't bring back your character, but it will alert the staff to this player's behavior and hopefully curtail it.

November 19, 2011, 06:27:57 PM #3 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:30:39 PM by Bacon
Like the others said, put in a player complaint. Then the staff will be able to look into it and deal with them as needed. If you don't, and you just quit, then they will have gotten away with it and it won't be helping the mud out and get it taken care of. Also, I wouldn't quit because of one shitty player. You're going to run into one here and there on any multiplayer game. It doesn't mean that is how the majority of players are. If I quit every time I ran into a shitty player on a multiplayer game, I wouldn't be playing any.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

If you follow some random stranger you just met out into the desert, and walk to the point that you're exhausted and there's no going back...and you've been playing the game off and on since 2000...it's your own fault for being stupid.  You should've gotten your newbie card punched back then.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

QuoteIf you follow some random stranger you just met out into the desert, and walk to the point that you're exhausted and there's no going back...and you've been playing the game off and on since 2000...it's your own fault for being stupid.  You should've gotten your newbie card punched back then.

I am just going to have to agree here.

As to filing a complaint, go ahead, it is the right thing to do, rather then rant on the GDB, but hopefully staff looks at it and points to the "complaints of unfairness..."

Lame PK, sure, unfair or against the rules...no. In fact, there was a time not far past when such things were considered a newbs right to passage.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

What needed to be said has been said.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"