Fight the Lag! - with metrics

Started by Jeshin, November 17, 2011, 09:00:31 AM

It's those focking aliens again! Git 'um, git 'um!
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

it is 1:38 AM EST right now, and it is currently taking me minutes to send an emote. I have just tried reconnecting and am now sitting here staring at the screen as it struggles to connect to host.

Anyone else? Or is this me?

Yup, I'm just trying to get in so I can quit out and not get eaten for my bootz. I just want to go to sleep.  >:(

Kind of wish we'd get a server reboot so the people who need to quit can do so without needing to fear getting pwned while linkdead.

Not to be ignorant, but uh... I don't see anyone with the sole exception of A Large Bag dropping packets enroute to the server, and she dropped her packets on the second hip-hop (the hippie the hippie). There's no one even showing any major upticks in ping between hops that would imply a connectivity issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I'm translating that information is that there's no issue with the routes we're hitting the server at (IE, the host).

Are we sure there aren't like.... 30,000 carru in one room somewhere?

Quote from: Akaramu on June 15, 2012, 01:54:47 AM
Kind of wish we'd get a server reboot so the people who need to quit can do so without needing to fear getting pwned while linkdead.

Quote from: Morgenes on June 14, 2012, 11:30:20 PM
Note that we are back up, but even after completely rebooting our entire server, it doesn't seem to have done anything.  I'm opening a trouble ticket with our host to see if they can see/do anything about it.

I apologize, but you may want to find something else to do if you can't handle the lag.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 15, 2012, 02:06:23 AM
Quote from: Akaramu on June 15, 2012, 01:54:47 AM

Quote from: Morgenes on June 14, 2012, 11:30:20 PM
Note that we are back up, but even after completely rebooting our entire server, it doesn't seem to have done anything.  I'm opening a trouble ticket with our host to see if they can see/do anything about it.

I apologize, but you may want to find something else to do if you can't handle the lag.

I don't care if the lag persists after the reboot, I just want to be able to leave the house without my character dying of hunger and thirst in the meantime.  :'(

Just to be logged out of the game yanno?

Well, if I remember correctly - Staff set it up to where if a PC is idle/disconnected/etc. for over a certain period of time - They'll stop getting hungry/thirsty.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When was that? Must of been in the last two months or so.

Not sure that works with me trying to reconnect every minute.  :-\

Take a deep breath, relax, go read a book and do something else while the problem's figured out. Your PC will be fine, and we'll figure out what's up.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: Namino on June 15, 2012, 02:04:33 AM
Are we sure there aren't like.... 30,000 carru in one room somewhere?

There's a huge Gith Orgy going on off the shield wall. Sorry you weren't invited but you're welcome to show up.

Nevermind. I feel a little stupid now.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

There's a myriad of stuff that could be causing the issue. Anything from a runaway script, memory leaks, or some rogue process. That would be server side and something the staff could address directly once they understood the issue causing it. Then we have stuff that the staff can't fix like an issue with the hardware which is hosting the virtual server, latency between users and server via hops, and the virtual server provider/source having their own difficulties.

It kind of feels like it might be a memory leak issue or something, but with a game as old as Armageddon it's pretty unlikely unless it's a new issue.

Is it still going on? :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Eurynomos on June 15, 2012, 02:30:10 AM
Take a deep breath, relax, go read a book and do something else while the problem's figured out. Your PC will be fine, and we'll figure out what's up.

That's like telling junkies to go take a paracetemol. :p

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Lag's been gone for a little bit now.

There are 2 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

I hope you two are enjoying it!

Lies. It's still lagging.

Naw, it was actually okay for a while. I can vouch for that.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 15, 2012, 02:23:41 AM
Well, if I remember correctly - Staff set it up to where if a PC is idle/disconnected/etc. for over a certain period of time - They'll stop getting hungry/thirsty.

People over 60 minutes idle no longer get hunger/thirsty.  Yep.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Now even the GDB is lagging. Nyr....why haven't you fixed it with your super powers? :(

Quote from: Nyr on June 15, 2012, 08:30:51 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 15, 2012, 02:23:41 AM

People over 60 minutes idle no longer get hunger/thirsty.  Yep.

Since when?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

November 27, 2008.  It went live in the next reboot.

Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php?week=48&year=2008Full people can eat tablets after next reboot -- Nessalin.
People over 1hr idle will no longer lose hunger/thirst (treated as linkdead) -- Nessalin.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Has the lag been fixed up and all that?
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.