On the Contact Changes

Started by Karieith, November 10, 2011, 08:51:08 AM

Liking them so far, glad to see it's making the skill a little easier to advance but seeking and failing over the way is still pretty draining.

You may want to scale back the brunt of suffering on the stun of Way or we're going to have a lot of new characters passed out in the streets without any boots on.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that even veteran players on newbies succumb to stun knockouts. It's just a matter of being comfortable with being able to way while doing activities on a longer lived PC and then suddenly getting triple suffering messages when you're at 20, thinking you're fine.

Also to be fair, newbies need the RP help. Nothing puts you in character like being forcibly relieved of your things and now having to walk around while anyone with a look is going. Hey that guy doesn't even have boots.... Lets take his pack too!

Quote from: Jeshin on November 10, 2011, 09:08:29 AM
Also to be fair, newbies need the RP help. Nothing puts you in character like being forcibly relieved of your things and now having to walk around while anyone with a look is going. Hey that guy doesn't even have boots.... Lets take his pack too!
^ that.

I remember when my first char was killed within the blink of an eye cause someone, who didn't even take the time to emote ANYTHING, suddenly popped up and stabbed the shit out of me.

Bam. Ded.

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Are you -positive- that was a PC? Sometimes NPCs, too, are bastards.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 12, 2011, 03:02:29 AM
Are you -positive- that was a PC? Sometimes NPCs, too, are bastards.
Yep. Happened at the Rinth. They killed the bastard about 2 weeks later. Nevertheless... it left a bad taste in my mouth since nothing was really RP'd.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

In the Rinth you NEVER EVER know whether it's a PC or an NPC UNTIL they emote. Just because they nailed the dude two weeks later, NPCs have a knack in the Rinth for looking like everyday PCs.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I know this may seem like a canned staff response at this point, but we do mean it when we suggest you file player complaints if there's an issue (or a perceived issue) with another player's RP or lack thereof. We can tell if it was a PC or an NPC.

Regarding the real subject of this thread, my own player character has been a victim of the recent changes, and I will enjoy passing out amongst all of you.

If we're all unconscious, then nobody can steal our shit.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Yeah yeah, I'll PRETEND to be passed out.

Then I'll strip Calavera naked and sell... uhh... her? His? stuff on eZalanthas.

November 12, 2011, 05:44:43 AM #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:08:46 AM by thelinguring
Quote from: Calavera on November 12, 2011, 04:43:29 AM

If we're all unconscious, then nobody can steal our shit.

So a guy walks into a bar and everyone is asleep. Wat.

Edit: Spellin's.

So that would be poetic justice. Everyone's unconscious, and the noob enters the world of Zalanthas. Sees all these veterans passed out, and steals all their boots.

That's weepifying poetry, right there.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Since some of you are n00bs, a bit of advice from someone who's only passed out from the Way once or twice:

Keep stun on your prompt (duh!), and don't let it go under 40-50%.  There are plenty of good reasons to adhere to this practice (like being hit over the head by a shoe).

That said, I haven't noticed the change, so it must be done spiffily.

November 12, 2011, 12:52:55 PM #11 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:03:26 PM by solera
Question answered.

Quote from: solera on November 12, 2011, 12:52:55 PM
If you are in contact with someone, and it cuts out because you start a fight, do you get stun damage at each hit you take? Hit from a sharp thing,that is?

Depends on IC stuff.

Contact breaking in a fight has NOTHING to do with whether you lose stun or not, to be fair and honest with you.

Some weapons just do stun damage.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 12, 2011, 01:01:39 PM
Contact breaking in a fight has NOTHING to do with whether you lose stun or not, to be fair and honest with you.

Some weapons just do stun damage.

Some circumstances, too, as far as I understand it.