Weekly Updates and You!!!

Started by FantasyWriter, October 10, 2011, 04:13:27 AM

October 10, 2011, 04:13:27 AM Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:20:08 AM by FantasyWriter
I've noticed a lot of question on the GDB lately, especially in Ask The Staff, that could be answered through this fabulous new tool called Weekly Updates!

Need to know what the how long it should take to get your account notes sent back, or how long that special app blue-skinned sorcerer mul based off Skeletor will take to get put in game, LOOK NO FURTHER!

Want to know what percent of the playerbase your Whiran/assassin killed last week, here's your answer!

And my personal favorite, how many people took a hit of our communal favorite drug, Crackageddon, this is the link for you!!!!

http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php?week=40&year=2011

Prices are Subject to change, wait times are not guaranteed, and the refresh button is conveniently located at the top of your browser just so you can see just when a staffer is working on special apps!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Account Related    Account Notes    7    48.59 days

Oof. By my understanding of averages, there was probably at least one or two Account Notes requests that took over two months.

My question is whether that was due to low priority and lack of staff, or someone with PAGES of notes that had to be [REDACTED] and literally took 2 months.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on October 10, 2011, 04:18:23 AM
Account Related    Account Notes    7    48.59 days

Oof. By my understanding of averages, there was probably at least one or two Account Notes requests that took over two months.

My question is whether that was due to low priority and lack of staff, or someone with PAGES of notes that had to be [REDACTED] and literally took 2 months.

I believe it's been stated before that receiving account notes is actually extremely low priority in the grand scheme of things, which I don't really think ill of.  I could be mistaken in my recollection, though.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

LMASTFY:

Why account notes requests can only be requested every six months

Why account notes request are low-priority and take a long time to resolve

*go to advanced Search, type in "account notes" in the Search for box, only select the Ask the Staff board
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I know that people think that account notes should be a simple process, a copy and paste scenario and even something that could be automated.  Account notes are a reasonable investment of time.  The simplest one will take at least an hour of staff time, others can take several more.  The process for account notes itself requires that there be a wait as we need to leave these up for other staff to comment on. Often an account will not have any notes and this is the time when staff will try and add any commentary they have or add account notes that they have not had a chance to place.  Because staff have a lot of other requests to take care of that require a faster turn around we like to give more time for these comments are account notes are low priority. 

When resolving account notes the process involves looking at the players notes. This can lead to questions that need to be asked of other staff, which can take time to achieve, something might need clarifying, they might have had a leader role but no commentary on it, so we'll need to ask how they did, and so on. I'll also spend time going through past requests by the player to get an idea of their request history.  Now that we have a new karma system I also have to assess their account for karma level and make notes on this. When doing account notes the overall karma of the player is also considered and a decision will be made to award a point etc. 

As previously noted not receiving your account notes back instantly will not effect your ability to play the game.  They don't effect the day to day happenings on the MUD and as such are lowest down the list of things that we need to get done.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Nyr on October 10, 2011, 09:20:14 AM
LMASTFY

Google has zero results for this acronym.  Congratulations.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Let me advanced search that for you.

It comes up often enough that folks ask "I know I've seen this before on the GDB, but..." so that's a handy thing to use.  Use the Advanced Search tool, it is very helpful.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on October 10, 2011, 01:04:43 PM
Let me advanced search that for you.

It comes up often enough that folks ask "I know I've seen this before on the GDB, but..." so that's a handy thing to use.  Use the Advanced Search tool, it is very helpful.

I still think you need that thing Synth posted, where it shows you a picture of going to Google, typing it in, and then searching it for you. Except you need the GDB version.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread at the moment. That is all.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

There was a problem with the publicly available statistics on requests that a few of us on staff noticed; the numbers were much too high. Morgenes investigated and fixed. You will now notice that the statistics show much quicker response times, which are correct.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I miss seeing the longest log in time on there.

There use to be some other things on there, too, but I can't remember what they were. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on October 12, 2011, 06:48:05 AM
I miss seeing the longest log in time on there.

There use to be some other things on there, too, but I can't remember what they were. :(

I tried to put it back yesterday, but it appears the query takes too long to run.  Adding it back to the page slows things down.  We would need to archive some more of our connection information to be able to do that.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff