odd repeating echo.

Started by Karieith, September 20, 2011, 10:19:57 PM

there is no "me" here. it echos back at me occasionally, and between 5-13 times when I self emote.

EX:
emote punches &me in the face.
the [SDESC] punches his/herself in the face

you see no "me" here
you see no "me" here
(repeat)

It was happening more often YESTERDAY, but still springs up occasionally, any idea?

At the moment, I only receive that "there is no .me" here when I target myself using & at the end of an emote.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Tried and succeeded:

:shifts ^me cloak about &me
[edited to ic] shifts your cloak about yourself.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

The figure in a hooded, paisley sandcloth windcloak punches yourself in the face.
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

I've had it happen a lot before as well.  No idea what causes it.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Please submit a room typo immediately if you see this happen again in game.  I'll investigate this when I get the chance.
Formaldehyde, ArmageddonMUD, Storyteller to the Stars

It usually happens when you're sitting at bars, and I've submitted something about it before. I forgot what they said. Anyway, if you're looking for it to send in another thing, try sitting at a bar and chatting/emoting for awhile. I do not know the exact cause.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I believe this may be tied to a bug I submitted to Morgenes some time ago, so Fomalhaut, please make sure he's aware of it; cheers!
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I've bugged this a couple times; thought it was related to using &me at a table.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, next time it springs up I'll typo it.

The error seems to occur when using &me at the end of an emote while talking at a table.  For example: talk (slapping &me) I'm crazy!

Please do not continue to bug this type of error, unless it is seen in other instances such as room echoes or regular/s/hemotes.  Regular emotes seem to work fine, so far.
Formaldehyde, ArmageddonMUD, Storyteller to the Stars

It does actually work, right?  I mean, weird echos-to-you aside, people do see you slappin' you'se'f?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I just use my character's appropriate pronouns, instead of using all that ^me crap. It doesn't actually add anything and from what I can tell, it just serves to look weird on your end.

All emotes look weird from your end.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 21, 2011, 07:07:43 PM
I just use my character's appropriate pronouns, instead of using all that ^me crap. It doesn't actually add anything and from what I can tell, it just serves to look weird on your end.

This.

See, where you can get into trouble with this habit is when you decide to play the other sex...
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on September 22, 2011, 04:01:52 AM
See, where you can get into trouble with this habit is when you decide to play the other sex...

sdesc: the androgynous human

I don't make the mistake often <.<

There can be only one!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I don't think I've ever made that mistake, despite having played about an even 50/50 split of male and female PCs, and never once using ^me.