Armor.

Started by RogueGunslinger, August 17, 2011, 10:08:35 PM

I've lost pcs since the changes to things that a pc of half the days used to be able to take out without getting hit before. These are lower midrange mobs. Nothing crazy high end. The combination of the two changes has increased the learning curve for combat pcs and that's something I don't think we needed or need with this game.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

I think it was needed. But then again I never played before the nerf. I like where combat is right now. I think it's brutal, fast, and sometimes realistic.

I'm alright with the defense fix....I mean, alright, that makes the two warriors sparring for a RL hour very rare, but then, it should be.

I have always been against Reel, I am still against it. And I've never had a PC affected on the wrong end either, it normally plays to my benefit...and I still despise it.

As to the importance of armor...Well, It is important to the PCs it should be important to. Something that has not actually changed. If your PC is skilled enough and lucky enough to have high agi, they can easily go with no armor at all or just enough on the soft spots to prevent certain things.

And when going against certain critters, Armor does not matter at all.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Heh.  The difference between taking two 80hp shots and two 90 hp shots is academic when you only have 100 hp.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I... I never really thought of it like that. If a Gaj can hit you even once, you should never have been fighting it in the first place.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 23, 2011, 11:52:18 AM
Heh.  The difference between taking two 80hp shots and two 90 hp shots is academic when you only have 100 hp.

This is like Tanking 101!

Quote from: jstorrie on September 23, 2011, 03:32:05 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on September 23, 2011, 11:52:18 AM

This is like Tanking 101!

No, no.  Tanking 101's lecture material covers how not to be the tank.

No, that's what you discuss with the vocations counsellor in Hall of Kings.

By the time you're in Tanking 101 the die has been cast, man. I mean, you're already ten thousand deep in student loan debt, and your chem marks are too low to get into Honours DPS.

Naw, man. Tanking 101 is in the management/human resources track.  It's all about how to get -other- people to do the tanking for you.

If you're on the front lines, your SAT/ACT probably wasn't good enough for anything better than vocational/technical or community college.  That's where they cover stuff like "when to flee," and "armor optimization."

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 23, 2011, 11:30:43 AM
I think it was needed. But then again I never played before the nerf. I like where combat is right now. I think it's brutal, fast, and sometimes realistic.

I mean. Not to be a dick. But just re-read that, and decide if thats an argument you would normally accept.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Riev, he heard it was a Nerf, we have to trust his expertise. 8)

September 24, 2011, 02:52:09 AM #111 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:56:33 AM by RogueGunslinger
... I'd go through all the trouble of boldening "I think" and "then again" and then my reasoning for you too, as you've obviously missed it. But that seems like way too much work for it's worth.

It wasn't an argument it was my opinion.  ???

Cool forum-fu you got though.

Quote from: Karieith on September 23, 2011, 11:10:38 PM
Riev, he heard it was a Nerf, we have to trust his expertise. 8)

Nerf has negative connotation, not positive. Why would someone be okay with a nerf they knew nothing about? Normally the reaction to nerfs is negative.

This has been a fun thread.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.