Mating season!

Started by titansfan, August 14, 2011, 12:54:17 PM

Just an idea, but I was thinkin' about animal mating seasons and how cool it would be to incorporate that into Armageddon. It would open season based plots, resource collection, even huntin' plots for young of a species. Just an idea, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

i talk about this often in my RP when I'm playing a hunter type. +1 to this idea.
Czar of City Elves.

I have role-played this out myself, and with other people. However, I don't incorporate seasons since I don't really think they exist on Zalanthas. Instead, I just talk about nests filling with babies during the Low Sun, maybe, or seeing young adult animals out in the hunting areas by the High Sun. There are nests scattered all over the game, it's fun to role-play like that.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

it would be awesome to see mobs go from placid to aggro or from running away to placid during their respective mating seasons. probably would kill a lot of people, though.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Well, currently there are certain diseases that are more rampant during one season in certain areas, but I'd like to see certain eggs appear in certain spots IG once a year or like certain creatures migrate or some such.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I know one specific area that has wildlife that varies according to the month as to how many critters there are and weather they are young or old, etc.  I think it may be represented in other areas, but not to the same degree.

I think most of what is talked about already exists to some extent and is a find out in game thing.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

There is some very awesome wildlife scripting in various areas of the game.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

i love the fucking red desert.

can we turn this thread into the new date thread?

also:

watching two carru kill each other in the scrub over a hot female carru.

that would be great.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Hot carru on carru action. Someone is writing that fanfic now, what have you done to the internet?

I think that scripting that exists in the game was Halaster's SimDesert project.. I don't know whether he saw it to completion or whether it was extended to all areas of the game.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse