Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

RED FANGS!!!! TwT
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Khorm on January 25, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
cur was such a fun character to play, and a total shithead that deserved to die. i had never played a "raiding" sort of character before and i really tried hard to go out of my way to give people rp when they were more or less powerless to fight him. he definitely killed or otherwise totally fucked over his fair share of pcs but i'd like to hope that -i- didn't act like a dickhead in the process. anyway.. he more or less ran around and did whatever the fuck he wanted, which included a lot of fun play with characters that shouldn't have involved themselves with him or his tribe. it was a hell of a lot of fun. he got cocky in some dealings with kurac and stupidly went into a wagon to talk to agent whomever, then got magically dragged our of luir's and instantly knocked out by "a blue hazy cloud" or some shit. of course he died afterward. depressing because he was so goddamn fun to play, and because of the "what ifs"... like typing 'draw sword' probably would've saved his life.

Oh my god, I can finally post this since it's been long enough.

This scene was one of the most hilariously confusing things that ever happened to me on Arm, because Kurac didn't actually want Cur dead and we had no idea what the hell was going on with the magicking, and at first I think my PC assumed that the mage had been trying to kill the Agent or something, and I didn't even realize Cur was dead until we were trying to contact him like "what in the blue hell just HAPPENED?"

It was a cluster event of great magnitude.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Oh man. Every time I try to play a desert elf.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Too many depressing deaths just get too ... depressing.  :(

Quote from: solera on April 18, 2012, 03:07:30 PM
Too many depressing deaths just get too ... depressing.  :(

Yup.

It's been more than a year... maybe two?

I was the thrall of a sorcerer, roleplaying slowly coming under his influence. Then after trying to influence him into fucking over some enemies I had made he made me duel one of them, with predictable results :)

It's funny because looking back I can still remember the moment the sorcerer "figured out" he wasn't the only one pulling strings. Probably the best roleplaying experience I've had on Arm, and I've had a lot of good ones.

This guy really played his sorcerer well, and many months later I'd hear of his demise through other characters. I'm sure he had a ball.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on May 23, 2012, 03:05:58 PM
It's funny because looking back I can still remember the moment the sorcerer "figured out" he wasn't the only one pulling strings. Probably the best roleplaying experience I've had on Arm, and I've had a lot of good ones.

This doesn't sound like a depressing death to me, it sounds like you had a great time RPing.  :)
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

That was an awesome scene. Not sure if I sent you kudos, but it was blood-pumping. I wonder if it has too much magick for me to submit the log?

My PC became said sorcerer's chewtoy afterwards and had a depressing death.

Quote from: WWYD on May 23, 2012, 09:44:50 PM
That was an awesome scene. Not sure if I sent you kudos, but it was blood-pumping. I wonder if it has too much magick for me to submit the log?

My PC became said sorcerer's chewtoy afterwards and had a depressing death.

I think I got kudos months later from the player behind the sorcerer.

Quote from: Taven
This doesn't sound like a depressing death to me, it sounds like you had a great time RPing.

The depressing part is never being able to go back to RP with that character. It was a magical moment indeed :D

And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Agreed that sounds like fun...I wonder where all the sorcerers are hiding these days. I love getting messed with by defilers.  ;D
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: janeshephard on May 23, 2012, 11:27:20 PM

The depressing part is never being able to go back to RP with that character. It was a magical moment indeed :D

Yuh. I feel that. The more fun the character the more depressing the death. I think I could literally have played my favourite character until she died of old age - and then I still would have been bummed about her death.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

May 24, 2012, 09:46:41 PM #238 Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:57:32 PM by Morrolan
Quote from: Bast on May 23, 2012, 11:31:05 PM
I wonder where all the sorcerers are hiding these days.

As Krathis with mad combat skillz.  (Karma 5 4+3) [Edit: thanks for the correction, Is Friday.]
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Krathis are 4 karma.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

May 24, 2012, 09:51:32 PM #240 Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:10:03 AM by Feco
Very codedly powerful Rukkian with an interesting not so powerful personality (meaning passive... not underdeveloped -- I worked hard on it) fell down a hole, and got buttraped by a gith.

Not really, that would have made the death awesome.  It just beat him to death.  I usually brush deaths off, but this one I just sorta stared at the screen for a while.

Made a silt-sailor rebound character after that and had a hell of a short-lived time.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

That's pretty IC secret magick info

Quote from: WWYD on May 23, 2012, 09:44:50 PM
I wonder if it has too much magick for me to submit the log?

I saw your question on ATS, and while it's between you and the staff to decide, I do feel there was a lot of magick involved. Just wanted to post that here. My post wasn't meant to break up a can of secret.

(And you too can be involved with a sorcerer if you roll a character and put in the playtime for it. Just roll a dwarf with a focus of wanting to serve a sorcerer :)

Quote from: Yam on May 25, 2012, 01:29:06 AM
That's pretty IC secret magick info

Not sure who you're responding to, so I got paranoid and removed a single word.

Probably something you would only be able to extract if you knew about it, but meh.  Rather safe than sorry.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I removed a separate post referring to a specific magicky thing.  Unless it was something you posted...in which case, I didn't see it as that bad.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I just think people really need to stop dying >.> hmm, this is probably more of a random thought.

I so want to post. How long do I have to wait?I know, this that, and the feckin' other. But feck, that should not have happened. Read my bio then delete me.

Quote from: DesertWind on May 26, 2012, 11:23:22 PM
I so want to post. How long do I have to wait?I know, this that, and the feckin' other. But feck, that should not have happened. Read my bio then delete me.

If it's about something IC, generally we are supposed to wait a real life year. Longer if some of the characters still live after that year.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

May 26, 2012, 11:36:24 PM #248 Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:33:20 PM by DesertWind
 The death of this stump was awesome, so I removed this post also.

Damn, that was like ten years ago. Am I that old?