Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

Quote from: just_another_face on March 01, 2012, 07:55:25 PM
Sometimes the most depressing deaths arent yours, but someone else's.

+1

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 02, 2012, 12:20:26 AM
Quote from: Maso on March 01, 2012, 11:29:04 PM
It won't go. Mine died 3/4 years ago. Funny how attached you get.
Yeah. It's fucking weird. I've never had such an emotional reaction, like I did for that character, than I've had for any other.  Hell, I reacted as seriously as if someone had just told me a very close friend had died.

I just haven't been able to enjoy the game, the way I used to, since then. I really want to enjoy playing again and, believe me, I rolled up a few characters afterwards but I just... Lost the ability to really care for them, as characters.

I think that's the most depressing part about it.

When I was new to the game, my PC pretended to be your aforementioned character after he died, and tried to become a raider for five minutes.

FAILED MISERABLY.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

That's a pretty cool homage.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Lol - It wasn't his gear which made him so awesome :P

That dude was awesome. From Day 1, I played him extreme - Literally had him walking around in boots, leggings, barechested and wearing only a sleeveless cloak with a huge bone sword, traveling by foot with his trusty Erdlu carrying his pack.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Kronibas on January 13, 2012, 03:48:57 PM

My most depressing death:  Sharlo Kadius'

This is also one of my most depressing deaths.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

My most depressing to date was my first spec app / Drovian years ago. I think it was like, my 5th PC ever or something. It was so depressing that I couldn't eat for two days straight - embarrassing, I know. All my other PC deaths were only about half a day of sulking at most.

It was the Drovian from my signature, by the way.

She only cast like... 5 spells ever, and only lived a bit over 5 days of accumulated playtime, but she had this mute VNPC daughter and an incredibly deep and rich personality and history right off the bat. Tlaloc even spread some Byn rumor for the sake of her background. I could solo RP for hours and never be bored.

The most depressing part was that she sat in jail for several RL days because I was offpeak, and the executing templar just couldn't make my times. Waiting to probably die, unable to do anything, being depressed in RL over it. I remember going to the cinema just to get my mind off this pending character death for a few hours.

Oh, and my very next PC after that had an assassin hired on her for basically no reason other than being a goody two shoes who wanted to help. Same PC who was the downfall of my Drovian.

Yeah, I'm STILL bitter about it.  >:(

Depressing death:

Aide to Winrothol noble just after liberation.
Winrothol noble decides to seduce said aide.
Aide and Captain of the Guard flee after finding out sexy time with noble NOT allowed in New Tuluk (?!?)
Assassinated in the balcony of the Bard's Barrel cause (wait for it.... wait for it) She fled DOWN (curtain open).

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on March 02, 2012, 03:33:58 PM
Aide and Captain of the Guard flee after finding out sexy time with noble NOT allowed in New Tuluk (?!?)

This would go in my Most Depressing Doc Addition To The Game thread.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on March 02, 2012, 03:40:40 PM

Honestly I think the Northern Nobles get Shelved the Moment the Kank out of Caste thing is unfair. I think they should be able to get away with it until they're CAUGHT. It makes for more interesting plot.

March 02, 2012, 05:12:56 PM #184 Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:27:35 PM by Bast
Valla, ordered to go throw fire seeds at an army of gith by herself with her fairly brand new padawan by a not so bright Templar. Last words, "This is stupid shes going to get us killed". Last thing she saw...Samos's failed rescue. I should have fled but I wasnt getting hit then double tap and mantis head.
I dont mourn this char so much because she was awesome and fully branched and did all sorts of the things Im sure the staff would never let anyone ever do again. I mourn this pc to this day because I was surround by some truely awesome RPers and we had fucking blast playing together. You guys know who you are and get get perma free artwork from me ;)
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Karieith on March 02, 2012, 05:11:49 PM
Quote from: Malken on March 02, 2012, 03:40:40 PM

Honestly I think the Northern Nobles get Shelved the Moment the Kank out of Caste thing is unfair. I think they should be able to get away with it until they're CAUGHT. It makes for more interesting plot.

I (as a player) had NO idea that it wasn't permitted, the noble did apparently cause of the docs I wasn't able to access.

It's just another opposite Allanak thing me thinks. Meh.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Northern nobles fucking commoners is like elves riding kanks. I don't see any problem with auto storage. Especially in Tuluk.

Because someone always knows in Tuluk.

I once had a character before I came on staff. Been around for a while, bascially had a portion of the world
on lockdown from outsiders. One day me and another where running around and I typed down instead of l down
and fell to his death because of a no climb room. I survived the fall, but something else was down there. :(

Quote from: Rahmi on March 04, 2012, 12:37:26 AM
I once had a character before I came on staff. Been around for a while, bascially had a portion of the world
on lockdown from outsiders. One day me and another where running around and I typed down instead of l down
and fell to his death because of a no climb room. I survived the fall, but something else was down there. :(

That is the single most dangerous typo that I sometimes still do.  I really should be typing 'look' out, it's safer.

k templar instead of l templar can be pretty dangerous too.

I recommend aliasing 'k' to 'l' as per a staff suggestion.

I prefer aliasing "k" to "key" - much safer than even "l".
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Kissing Templars?  Haha

Quote from: ShaLeah on March 05, 2012, 12:56:56 AM
Quote from: Mooney on March 05, 2012, 12:52:09 AM
Quote from: Kismetic on March 02, 2012, 01:24:30 AM
Quote from: just_another_face on March 01, 2012, 07:55:25 PM
Sometimes the most depressing deaths arent yours, but someone else's.

+1

+ another 1.

+ another 1 too.

emote sends comfort.

Been a rough week. The pain's finally fading for me, I think.

Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

=( Why do interesting characters have to go out beyond the walls alone! Why can't they be so interesting that people go with them and like... They die to something better than NPC #0987413

Quote from: Jeshin on March 09, 2012, 12:34:25 AM
=( Why do interesting characters have to go out beyond the walls alone! Why can't they be so interesting that people go with them and like... They die to something better than NPC #0987413
I'm pretty sure NPC's are the reason behind 90% of PC deaths
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on March 09, 2012, 01:18:22 AM

Challenge accepted.

Quote from: Iiyola on March 09, 2012, 01:18:22 AM
Quote from: Jeshin on March 09, 2012, 12:34:25 AM

Pretty close, since the end of January 12.84% of deaths can be directly attributed to a PC getting the killing blow.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff