Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 13, 2012, 02:04:31 AM
I'm interested to see what your stats and health/stun/stamina was like, at age 150.

Wise as all get-out, minimum on all the others, I'd imagine.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I'm interested to see what your stats and health/stun/stamina was like, at age 150.
The only thing that I remember for sure was only having like 40 stamina.

Quote from: TheBadSeed on January 13, 2012, 10:25:22 AM
The only thing that I remember for sure was only having like 40 stamina.

You can send a Staff Kudos, to get that last wish/thought to the staff member who accommodated the death wish.

Oh damn... that might be fun as hell to play.  Maybe he bribed the crap out of a black robe or something so he's still alive but has the body of like... Mr. Burns.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on January 13, 2012, 03:24:14 PM
Oh damn... that might be fun as hell to play.  Maybe he bribed the crap out of a black robe or something so he's still alive but has the body of like... Mr. Burns.

Seriously, this is a good idea. Templars could potentially get away with a lot of ideas that wouldn't be accepted applying as anyone else.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: jriley on October 17, 2011, 02:34:07 PM
Staff were once-upon-a-time more willing to promote really bland players to leadership than they were to promote someone like Sharlo Kadius or Raul d'Furies

You're fucking awesome for that.

My most depressing death:  Sharlo Kadius'

most depressing death is a toss up between my delf/undead nilazi vire, or my red fang cur.

vire got involved involved in a lot of amazing shit back when bhagarva ran the desert elves, and opened my eyes to a lot of really incredible and intriguing aspects of the world. i was having a lot of fun playing that character until someone cast a non-combative spell and he instantly died. lame. i think the most depressing part about that death was knowing that it could've easily been prevented. i tend to get complacent when i think that my characters are "powerful".

cur was such a fun character to play, and a total shithead that deserved to die. i had never played a "raiding" sort of character before and i really tried hard to go out of my way to give people rp when they were more or less powerless to fight him. he definitely killed or otherwise totally fucked over his fair share of pcs but i'd like to hope that -i- didn't act like a dickhead in the process. anyway.. he more or less ran around and did whatever the fuck he wanted, which included a lot of fun play with characters that shouldn't have involved themselves with him or his tribe. it was a hell of a lot of fun. he got cocky in some dealings with kurac and stupidly went into a wagon to talk to agent whomever, then got magically dragged our of luir's and instantly knocked out by "a blue hazy cloud" or some shit. of course he died afterward. depressing because he was so goddamn fun to play, and because of the "what ifs"... like typing 'draw sword' probably would've saved his life.

I remember Cur. That motherfucker was everything a Red Fang should be.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I remember battling Cur with my clumsy, oft-raging mul.

Definitely a highlight rival.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Khorm on January 25, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
most depressing death is a toss up between my delf/undead nilazi vire, or my red fang cur.

vire got involved involved in a lot of amazing shit back when bhagarva ran the desert elves, and opened my eyes to a lot of really incredible and intriguing aspects of the world. i was having a lot of fun playing that character until someone cast a non-combative spell and he instantly died. lame. i think the most depressing part about that death was knowing that it could've easily been prevented. i tend to get complacent when i think that my characters are "powerful".

cur was such a fun character to play, and a total shithead that deserved to die. i had never played a "raiding" sort of character before and i really tried hard to go out of my way to give people rp when they were more or less powerless to fight him. he definitely killed or otherwise totally fucked over his fair share of pcs but i'd like to hope that -i- didn't act like a dickhead in the process. anyway.. he more or less ran around and did whatever the fuck he wanted, which included a lot of fun play with characters that shouldn't have involved themselves with him or his tribe. it was a hell of a lot of fun. he got cocky in some dealings with kurac and stupidly went into a wagon to talk to agent whomever, then got magically dragged our of luir's and instantly knocked out by "a blue hazy cloud" or some shit. of course he died afterward. depressing because he was so goddamn fun to play, and because of the "what ifs"... like typing 'draw sword' probably would've saved his life.

One of Sephiroto's most depressing deaths should be that time where you accidentally paralyzed him with your Elkran while we were raiding outside of Tuluk... and our raidee whacked him.  Well played sir.

One of my most depressing deaths:  Passing out from eating Xanax (IRL) and slowly dehydrating outside the gates of Nak as Khorm's PC frantically emoted pouring water down my throat

Fucking sad.

I remember Cur! That douche raided me so many times.....and then asked for protection money. A true Red Fang. You should post some of his raid logs if you ever get the chance.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

I am still substantially upset about the manner of my last character's death. I occasionally need to lay down to cope with it. I wasn't this upset when my grandfather died. At least he had closure and a good reason to go.

I had a most depressing PC ending, but i have to say, I have moved on, except at times when I encounter reminders. Then the longing for that Pc returns and thus the pang of an ill conceived ending.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Mmmmm. This is what I love about Armageddon.

RGS caused mine. :p
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I think my retirements have all been more depressing than my deaths. Well, except for that one time I got gang-banged by salt worms.

Quote from: jstorrie on March 01, 2012, 07:08:04 PMI think my retirements have all been more depressing than my deaths.

This. After the last time, I thought about it, and wondered, why didn't I just go out with a bang? Facepalm.

I swore I would do my best to die awesomely instead of ninjastore, from then on. Unless it really, really doesn't make sense, I guess.

Sometimes the most depressing deaths arent yours, but someone else's.

Quote from: Maso on March 01, 2012, 07:05:22 PM
RGS caused mine. :p

Still kinda feel bad about that one. I was pretty nubby back then. Could have worked that situation much more into his favor... And he died so fucking stupidly too.

I still get icky about it, 2 years! Worse because your character ended up dying before she did. :p

What a waste!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Ugh. Almost 2 years later and I still just shake my head and draw in a deep breath, whenever I think about how my most favored went out.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

It won't go. Mine died 3/4 years ago. Funny how attached you get.

Quote from: Maso on March 01, 2012, 11:29:04 PM
It won't go. Mine died 3/4 years ago. Funny how attached you get.
Yeah. It's fucking weird. I've never had such an emotional reaction, like I did for that character, than I've had for any other.  Hell, I reacted as seriously as if someone had just told me a very close friend had died.

I just haven't been able to enjoy the game, the way I used to, since then. I really want to enjoy playing again and, believe me, I rolled up a few characters afterwards but I just... Lost the ability to really care for them, as characters.

I think that's the most depressing part about it.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I think you find, when you have a long lived character that you really get into...it kind of becomes second nature. This game is so immersive...and playing the same character for such a long time is bound to create a connection. It's bizarre. I'd played her for two years give or take...and still wasn't getting bored or wanting to move on - at all. I rolled some throwaways after that...then went through two nobles which I just couldn't get into either...wasn't ready to move on...so I quit...for 3 years. :p

It is the nature of the beast though, I guess. :)