Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

Quote from: Sunburned on September 18, 2011, 05:35:19 PM
Quote from: wildhalfling on August 06, 2011, 06:35:26 PM
I played a halfling for about 2 real life years. Over 30 days time played. He escaped so many deaths that I lost track. Escaped death to other npc halflings due to some crazy code issue. Lived through multiple NPC near death encounters due to thinking he was more uber than he was. Narrowly escaped so many deaths to PC's, some uber PC's I might add, and Tuluki hunting parties and mobs of soldiers trying to retrieve one of their friends that was dragged deep into the forest by my halfling after he was paralyzed (Wow..no idea how my halfling survived that.) Lived through some great events set up by PC's, Imm sponsered events and other strange occurances. PK'd lots of PC's...around 20 or more when I absolutely had to (Being in character and always having a reason to do so...while even letting more people live when they should probably have been killed, but it was better for them to live and tell the story to spark more events. Made sure I always tried to give them some good RP before they died to make it cool.)

Ended up taking a break for a few months. Came back and played for about a week and ended up running into three half-giants. Tried to RP but got insta-bashed when they entered the room. Three skilled half-giants while bashed....*BEEP*

Got Kudos though stating they thought my guy was a NPC and they would have RP'd had they known. :(

Dunno if you were Kust or the green guy... but I certainly miss the halfling PCs.

My first long lived character, Zak, was kind of buddies with Kust.  And he was a Legionaire.

I was the green one.

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showType.php?type=Artwork

You can use that link to see Nok, Katar and Kust..in that order.

Yes, it was fucking depressing, no, I am not happy about it. Yes, you suck hairy fucking balls. No, I will not apologise for flaming
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Ah, nothing sweetens a PKill like GDB rage.  :-*
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

September 19, 2011, 11:54:35 AM #78 Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:00:23 PM by Kol
Quote from: Synthesis on September 19, 2011, 11:52:18 AM
Ah, nothing sweetens a PKill like GDB rage.  :-*

:'( Seriously, I've been PK'd before, and accepted it, I've only ever once sent in a Player complaint, in nearly four fucking years, and that was rejected, and rightly so.

This how-ever, even the fucking Dali lama couldn't convince me the person was in the right on this one.
A staff member sends:

It wasn't me.  I'm just sayin'--you ragin', they baskin'.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 19, 2011, 11:59:20 AM
It wasn't me.  I'm just sayin'--you ragin', they baskin'.

I figured, otherwise, you'd be baskin'.

A staff member sends:

Link death.  Link death during an intense scene.  Nuff said.

I've had a few, loosing a good character with the best stats I've had was a bit gutting, I hadn't even realized I was linkdead until I went to log in the next time to play to find I had no character, I think I must have left in a rush and not noticed 'you are to excited to leave just yet'.

Also loosing a  nearly 20 day HG that I was enjoying playing to a one round KO in an RPT was disappointing, from 180 stun to 0, one round.

Lost a ~35 day warrior in a stupid way as well, but that one was totally my own fault.

Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

Riding a 50+ day ranger off the shield wall neck deep in plots bc it was my 2nd PC and I had no idea that would happen.. or about scramble..

More I read here, the more you realize that we all have those n00bed deaths. I -was- a n00b though..
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Kol on September 19, 2011, 11:54:35 AM
This how-ever, even the fucking Dali lama couldn't convince me the person was in the right on this one.

Send in a player complaint and then move on. Shit happens!

Quote from: jstorrie on September 19, 2011, 04:49:14 PM

COMING FROM THE DICKWOD THAT GOT ZAK KILLED?!

(jk, dude)
"A man's past is not simply a dead history... it is a still quivering part of himself, bringing shudders and bitter flavours and the tinglings of a merited shame."
-George Eliot

Quote from: Sunburned on September 19, 2011, 05:55:17 PM

COMING FROM THE DICKWOD THAT GOT ZAK KILLED?!

(jk, dude)

lulz
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Done, may not do for a few days, or ever.

Quote from: Dakota on September 19, 2011, 04:44:21 PM
Riding a 50+ day ranger off the shield wall neck deep in plots bc it was my 2nd PC and I had no idea that would happen.. or about scramble..

More I read here, the more you realize that we all have those n00bed deaths. I -was- a n00b though..

I wish I had had any PC live longer than 15 days played.....maybe I should look at clans more..=/
A staff member sends:

Yes, I had one, yes, I got over it. I did kind of enjoy it for a little while too.

October 13, 2011, 12:28:06 PM #90 Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:10:45 PM by Zharal
This is an issue I know way to well, beeing an old player 95 not to brag Ive lost a ton of characters.  But you got to remember, one code is not perfect, two players find ways to cheat code and three dont ever go pee when in the waste..grin... My last character was a rl year. I love him to death.  Its hard but it takes alot of pacients. Once you get 20 30 days on your person you find that he becmes well rounded and almost a part of you. you crate social and private contacts  and freinds that you enjoy.  An issue that alot of folks forget or dont know is arm is an escape from your own reality to play someone you want to be or would be in such a world. My guy died a real stupid death while pissing in the bathroom.  It was hard and I was hartbroken but you have to push through it and start a new idea.  So far as a human aspect. there are restrictions, but it nothing like it use to be and I give the Imms old and new a big thumbs up.. they dont get paid and theres alot of time involved.  I have alot of respect towards that and thanks as well... the new codes over the last 5 or so years have really brought a new light to the roleplay and I love it.  one last note, remember where all here to have fun.  If you lose your favorite character its hard to step back in, but give it a few days and that old arm crack pipe will lite and youll be surprized how easy it is to get back into it.. always remember where here to have fun and enjoy the game.

And to the imms that know me, I bet your all glad I quit drinking... wink

Zharal

I'm waiting for the bitter death notes thread.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

:'( When instead of going alone, you bring someone along. An -that's- when shit happens.

Thought I was pretty bad ass at climbing, fell down a well and broke my neck  :(

Reread my log of my fav. char's stupid last moments to check if it had been a year yet.

Felt the pain and frustration and puppy-punching WHY surge bile-like up my throat, nearly as fresh as that day.

Oh for the day I can mourn openly.

The shit factor in regards to manner of death increases exponentially in relation how much I enjoy a character.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Playing a somewhat powerful elementalist, that had been recruited into a special (hard to join) group of "evil" type magiker peers that are planning to take over the world when I encounter a strange NPC fighting friendly NPCs in our camp.  The enemy NPC casts a spell killing me.  If I'd had properly prepared myself, it wouldn't have happened.

Got to play a character I had wanted to for awhile... it was a Ranger.  He was rather solo on most things, but with good reason.  The character was going to be long lived in my opinion, had a few plots going on that were rather interesting.  I'm off hunting, this guy can take on pretty much anything, nearly unstoppable...  This is when my lack of attention got this guy killed...  Went and toyed with a mob and got poisoned.  Didn't have any cures for that poison... didn't have ability to get cure... none of his friends were around... he died a slow, pitiful death in a cave trying to sleep it off.  I was very sad to loose that one... just because I didn't think ahead to check my cures. :(
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

That reminds me of my loneliest death, in a tavern full of the uncaring.  I even arranged the evidence for my death, but it got nicked straight away.

Getting lost in a storm trying to find Red Storm and getting poisoned and chased in a storm by beetles and  other things galore and Making it through all that.
Fighting my way north, with Gith on my ass the entire way.
Struggling and falling off the shield wall and making it.
Hauling ass through the PAH with gith again chasing me.
Getting nailed by a carru on the way and living still
Evading toks on the road though they got a piece of me.
Made it all the way to the gates of Tuluk before finding them closed cause some fool lured something there.
Fighting my way around and getting lost in a storm but making it to find a raptor waiting.

Welcome to Armageddon
Malifaxis has UBER board skills