Old player returned...

Started by Ouroboros, July 26, 2011, 03:28:56 PM

Yep, one of those posts.

I've been away from Arm for probably.. hmm. Six to eight years, give or take? I'm not sure what inspired my return really, but I woke up one day in last month and thought, "You know, I really miss Zalanthas." So, I opened the website and the GDB and started reading through all that had happened. And a lot has changed, some immensely for the better and some I feel for the worse. But this isn't that post.

What I wanted to say is that ever since starting my character concept, and definitely after having jumped into the game with him, I can't believe I ever left. It's been a blast, much to the chagrin of my gf, job, etc. I'm hoping to cut down the hours a bit once I get settled into my character more but for now I'm having too great a time re-discovering the world. It's an odd feeling, there's so much I remember and know well and so much that's completely new to me. I think my biggest surprise was not finding Pearl still around, I half expected her to be a withered old lady still weaving away at the political spiderweb of 'nak.

I was curious if there's any players still around from my days (there do seem to be from what I've seen). That would be from the era of Domani Kadius, the albino, sanguine-eyed Junior (as Cidsarl liked to point out) Agent who left us far before he should have. And as an aside, to all those plots I might have left dangling, my apologies. His demise was not intentional and is something I regretted long after. I thank you all who participated in his life however, it was a stellar cast to play with.

Generally, it's good to be back and I'm looking forward to meeting the new generation of players as well as touching base with the old.
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

I remember your Tenneshi noble from my days as a newblet.

Holy crap.

Hi.

Wow, Domani, blast from the past.  I remember when I forced you to execute one of your minions with my southern templar circa '02.  Good times.  Welcome back!  There's a few of us old cantankerous bastards still clanging around.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Welcome back! Things have changed a bit, but everything should still be recognizable.

Domani! Welcome back. I remember when Ender forced you to execute one of your minions in '02 and then told me about it while gently giving me treats like candy and silk so I didn't flip out and grow up to murder all of Allanak (note: needed more candy, sorry).
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Yup! I remember Domani!!  I likely worked under him for a least a while... That was so long ago I can't remember who I was playing at the time. Hmmmm.... Most likely the junnaapr-bosomed woman.

Took a break myself and when a bunch of players showed up at DragonCon they SUCKED me back in. Glad to have you back. :-)
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

July 27, 2011, 06:55:22 AM #6 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:57:15 AM by Ouroboros
Aha! I knew some of you would come out the agafari woodwork!

Quote from: Delirium on July 26, 2011, 03:36:20 PM
I remember your Tenneshi noble from my days as a newblet.

Alaemon Tenneshi was my next favorite char after Domani. Was my first real foray into the Northern politics, which I enjoyed greatly while it lasted. I'm sad he never got to finish his pet project though, heh.

Quote from: Ender on July 26, 2011, 05:26:51 PM
I remember when I forced you to execute one of your minions with my southern templar circa '02.  Good times.

I barely remember that... Sorry to whoever played the minion, though. I think your templar was of the Red, if memory serves... I wonder what happened to a certain rakish one of the Blue. Or do I have them switched in my head.

Quote from: Samoa on July 26, 2011, 08:34:30 PM
I remember when Ender forced you to execute one of your minions in '02 and then told me about it while gently giving me treats like candy and silk so I didn't flip out and grow up to murder all of Allanak (note: needed more candy, sorry).

Candy's no bandage for a traumatic childhood experience. Silk could be though, if torn and held. ;)

Quote from: tortall on July 26, 2011, 10:04:22 PM
Yup! I remember Domani!!  I likely worked under him for a least a while... That was so long ago I can't remember who I was playing at the time.

That'd be Tia, if memory serves. Great guard/hunter to have had in the House and great character in general. :)

Great times, all around...
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

Ohhhhhhh, riiiiight! I remember now. I was there when Domani died. Such a sad way to go too!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

*cracks knuckles*

I remember you. 

And the debt you left unpaid to a certain Kuraci HG who was kinda a big deal.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: tortall on July 27, 2011, 09:19:54 AM
Ohhhhhhh, riiiiight! I remember now. I was there when Domani died. Such a sad way to go too!

Yes. Yes it was. And purely due to OOC misconceptions about code. Even though it was almost a decade ago and quite public, I'll leave it at that.

Quote from: Malifaxis on July 27, 2011, 09:20:40 AM
*cracks knuckles*

I remember you. 

And the debt you left unpaid to a certain Kuraci HG who was kinda a big deal.

Heh, I think a lot more were celebrating over the debts they wouldn't have to pay over Domani's death, than the opposite. Shame he didn't leave a living will though, burdening all debts to his cousin. That would have been a nice flip-off after death.

Dear cousin... We're all so glad you're back  ;D

We should do a reenactment of the Domani/Cidsarl feud.  That was probably one of the pinnacles of merchant house roleplay I've had the pleasure to participate in.  You fucking rock, and I hope you stick around, man.  There are still a few of us from back then carrying the torch.

Quote from: Kronibas on July 27, 2011, 12:13:12 PM
Dear cousin... We're all so glad you're back  ;D

We should do a reenactment of the Domani/Cidsarl feud.  That was probably one of the pinnacles of merchant house roleplay I've had the pleasure to participate in.  You fucking rock, and I hope you stick around, man.  There are still a few of us from back then carrying the torch.

Yep, definitely should have left a living will.

I agree, it was great times. I don't think I've ever wanted to reach into the screen and throttle another PC with my own hands, since or after Cidsarl. Great times and I think we put on a good show as well. As for a reenactment, I'm all for it. Maybe the Borsail can put up a play of the feud, I hear they're thespians now. Things certainly have changed... ;)