Re: Non-Random Ride Thoughts

Started by RogueGunslinger, July 20, 2011, 12:39:47 PM

Christopher Reeves broke his neck falling off a horse.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Roads: not just an excuse to kill gith.

July 23, 2011, 04:46:06 PM #102 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:47:39 PM by Dalmeth
Quote from: Bacon on July 22, 2011, 08:55:28 PM
Okay, just replace every instance of realism or realistic with believability and believable, problem solved. It's not believable to me and it's fucking annoying the way it is. Happy?  ::)

You mentioned some time ago that experienced riders, after having been thrown, will have the ability to get on their feet and immediately move out of the way of a panicked horse.  Who is to say the delay does not represent this action?

Considering that when people do not immediately get up, they are injured... I find the current system quite generous.

Also, the current system may not look good to a new character, but it does represent things well at the far end, when really difficult terrain is the primary place you fail.  Falling down in a rocky wasteland might just be stressful enough for you to require some time to reorient yourself.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

just to throw two sids re: falling off a mount and the delay behind it...

i have family in the united states. in kentucky. they have a large horse farm. i've ridden since i was four years old. dressage, cross-country, show horses w/ saddlebreds, etc. i've fallen off / been thrown probably a dozen times. sometimes the girdle wasn't on right and you slide off and slip away. other times you get thrown and land on your feet. sometimes on your side/back. others, the horse trips and lands on you.

sure its different everytime in terms of how long it takes to get up and be @ 100% wits and coordination wise. but the delay works. i don't care how good of a ranger w/ ride you are. i've seen a national horseman of the year get thrown in a show ring in front of 8,000 people and he didn't get up very quickly.

now in terms how often you fall.. no idea. but the delay? meh. go ride a horse and get thrown and tell me how long it takes you to get up.
Czar of City Elves.

The promised code changes are in.  If you are maxed non-guild/subguild rider that is still having issues of constant falling off your mount, please send me logs of what you are doing, or arrange a time with me to watch what is happening.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on July 24, 2011, 02:52:12 PM
The promised code changes are in.  If you are maxed non-guild/subguild rider that is still having issues of constant falling off your mount, please send me logs of what you are doing, or arrange a time with me to watch what is happening.

Roger, Wilco.  And thanks!

I seem to be good so far.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job