What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

My only long lived character, a throw away human warrior I made because (prior to this all my experiance had been from red-storm as a ranger who oddly enough all of his friends were Guilders/Kuraci/Muls/Magickers and since I was a enwbie I didn't know they were 'bad guys' so I thought it was awesome looting and pillaging and what not ) SO anyway, I make this human warrior mutey, join the byn, find a mate, get in a good unit and do GREAT at training. My only successful warrior.
So I get him to about 40 days and I decide I want an apprentice right? So I start training a couple other warriors just to inflate my characters already impressive ego (one of these folks ended up becomming the byn lieutenant I discovered after my death)

So my boss, this byn sargeant gets a deal with borsail for us that if me and a couple other byns last a year we go to work for borsail. Cloak and dagger stuff blah blah blah, and my IC mate is killed. Then my Sargeant is killed. Then my best friend is killed.
Then some random elf finds my mind and in an dark back room meeting tells me Pearl borsail had my mate my best friend and my boss killed and if I don't run I'm dead.
So I run like the wind. Hide out in the sands, travel the world. Go inactive.
I returned about a real life year or two  later and who do I run into in the inn? But pearl borsail. Since this time I'm pretty much master combat and had a desc change (though you can still easily tell its me)
So what do I do? I walk up to Pearl borsail and stare her down surounded by half-giant guards (mind you this is my first successful warrior NPC) Yada yada yada big battle takes place, I tell pearl I'm going to rape her and kill her fordoing the same to my mate (who I later found out was actually alive, the damn elves lied to me, who knew elves lied?) So I'm fighting all these guards. I escape, litterally fighting my way through allanak.

Now by now I've learned how to travel -REALLY- well, I knew alot of good ways around that most people didn't seem to use, so I used this one little path I knew to get out of nak through the 'rinth... I make it out with all my ok gear and my mount even and I'm riding off into the sunset when I get attacked by a TON of gith... like six. and they seemed to be the elite kind.
So I escape them... get turned around in a sand storm... And somehow fell off a cliff to my impending death.
Most anticlimatic death I have -ever- had. Survive assasination attempts , horror hunts, half-giant guards, just to die to gith and a fall off a cliff.

*Sniff*

Arinohk Barahk, the acciental naive badass.

May 04, 2012, 11:25:58 PM #276 Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:28:40 PM by Kismetic
You can do that with a 40-day warrior?  I did not know that ...

Oh, I forgot, the dumbest thing I ever did in game was pretty funny, but I can't say for another year or so.

Quote from: Kismetic on May 04, 2012, 11:25:58 PM
You can do that with a 40-day warrior?  I did not know that ...

You could do some insane stuff with warriors before they changed a few things..

I remember taking on two half giant NPCs and a templar once. Good times.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Yea its definately different, and yea that was something like 40- 50 IC years ago SOOOO its been a while. Combat befuddles me now I've lost my entire grip on how it worked. But yea, there was definately a time where with decent stats and high skill caps you could totaly solo pretty much anything. And add on the right equipment and a warrior in advanced age was not so very different from a defiler in destructive force over time.  Ahh for the days elves could punch out half giants :P

Speaking of elves punching out half giants...

I played a desert-elf when they first introduced the 'race' to the game.. It was really hardcore compare to what they are now as well..

My d-elf took on a bahamet by himself, and because his weapons just kept glancing over the shell of the 'met, he started kicking it to death.

I think it took about 30 minutes of just kicking the bahamet over and over and over again until I finally took it down. That bahamet never managed to hit my d-elf once.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

At the time a certain inn burned down in Allanak, one of my PCs was involved with the people responsible. The Templarate came to arrest the person responsible in the Gaj.

Somehow, I didn't notice they'd already subdued him and dragged him off, and my PC told the Templar he was the one they wanted, in an effort to give the real culprit time to escape.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Not the dumbest idea -ever-, but... tried to talk to a mindbender in my head. In thinks.  :(

...what's dumb about that?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yeah. I had a char who was pretty knowledgeable do that a few times. Never got a response.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Sometimes it's not clever to let people know you're aware of them.

That'd be kind of fun though, I'd like to play a minion to a mindbender that underwent stockholm syndrome, imprisoned by his own mind to his new ruler whom he talks to via thoughts.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

> bash kryl
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

eat dung
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Tried to steal a fancy dagger off an animated Red Templar while being caught in an area where no rogue magicker rinthi elf should ever be, while being totally plastered and having no training in steal command.

I dunno that sounds pretty awesome. Depending on how you roleplayed it.

Quote from: Dar on May 15, 2012, 02:20:00 PM
Tried to steal a fancy dagger off an animated Red Templar while being caught in an area where no rogue magicker rinthi elf should ever be, while being totally plastered and having no training in steal command.

Actually, that is awesome.

A question for clarification: were you plastered, or was your character?
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

And how long did the Red Robe just stare at you before killing you?

Quote from: Reiteration on May 13, 2012, 04:48:29 PM
That'd be kind of fun though, I'd like to play a minion to a mindbender that underwent stockholm syndrome, imprisoned by his own mind to his new ruler whom he talks to via thoughts.
This sorta happened with one of my PCs. Led to some bad things.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Cindy42 on July 02, 2011, 01:45:57 PM
i cried in a bar one time. there were two pcs there. i never cried in the game again.

I think i was there that time.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Somewhere in the Grassy North [NESW]
The semi-buff ranger chick is standing here.
The buff assassin is standing here.
A cave filled with monsters is here.

The semi-buff ranger chick says, in sirihish:
    "We can take them!"

The buff assassin says, in sirihish:
    "This is a very bad idea but ok. Now listen carefully, I'll go in first and -"

The semi-buff ranger chick shouts, in sirihish:
    "ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS LEROY JENKINS"

The semi-buff ranger chick enters a cave filled with monsters.

THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR HEAD DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR NECK DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR FOOT DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR WAIST DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
THE BIG BAD MONSTER BITES YOUR HEAD DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE
Welcome to Armageddon!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Tried to tame a wild kank with only a apprentice level ride skill.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

First character in Tuluk

Didn't bother to read the documentation

Didn't get the tattoo's

Called the templars Lord templar/Lady templar

Did a bunch of other stupid shit that I should have known better than to do if only I had bothered to read the documentation

Quote from: LauraMars on September 15, 2013, 03:07:03 AM

The semi-buff ranger chick says, in sirihish:
    "We can take them!"

Most of my dumbest things start with this phrase.