What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Only been playing for like.. 3 days now.

But does constantly forgetting to put the training weapons back count? >.>
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Don't worry, it gets better.  :)

Like when you forget to clear yourself of illegal substances before moving through certain places.

That is always good for a laugh...at your expense.

Welcome to Armageddon!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

...or walk into a bar, naked, carrying a severed head and a burning torch.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on April 03, 2012, 08:47:20 PM
That is either EXTREMELY dumb or EXTREMELY awesome.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on April 03, 2012, 08:48:58 PM
That is either EXTREMELY dumb or EXTREMELY awesome.

:D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

There's this guy a few months ago that walked into the Sanctuary naked, with this big ass long tdesc describing his entire naked body and how he was 'ready' to go at it, if you know what I mean.

I think it was like 10 inches, er, lines long. His tdesc, that is.

AND NO, IT WASN'T ME.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Patuk on April 03, 2012, 07:57:22 PM
Only been playing for like.. 3 days now.

But does constantly forgetting to put the training weapons back count? >.>

I still do that sometimes with my combat PC's.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Been long enough...

Walked my Salarri non-family Merchant right into the rinth, thinking I had taken proper precautions.

I was looking for particular game-sensitive information.

It didn't end well.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I somewhat less bad about myself now.

On another sword-related note, I accidentally equipped my wrong sword before sparring with this other guy. Worse yet, he didn't notice, either - wasn't until training got finished and I sheathed the thing that we both facepalmed.

Quote from: Patuk on April 04, 2012, 11:58:49 AM
I somewhat less bad about myself now.

On another sword-related note, I accidentally equipped my wrong sword before sparring with this other guy. Worse yet, he didn't notice, either - wasn't until training got finished and I sheathed the thing that we both facepalmed.

ROFL I got dead like that once I think. Or I deaded someone like that. Welcome to Arm!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Patuk on April 04, 2012, 11:58:49 AM
On another sword-related note, I accidentally equipped my wrong sword before sparring with this other guy.

I think we have all done that once or twice (or more...).

Here is my solution.  I use the "alias" command to set up aliases for your various commonly used weapons:

alias 1 draw shiny.bronze.sword etwo
alias 11 sheath shiny.bronze.sword back

alias 2 draw steel.switchblade armsheath
alias 22 sheath steel.switchblade armsheath

alias 3 draw steel.sgian.dhu boots
alias 33 sheath steel.sgian.dhu boots

alias 4 draw training.weapon.from.your.clan
alias 44 sheath training.weapon.from.your.clan

Yes, if you have four common weapons, it only leaves you with two aliases left. You will need to balance out your needs for weapons with other things.

And, of course, some clients will give you other alias options.

But the trick is, across multiple characters, either 2, 3, or 4 (followed by a quick hit of the "enter" key) will always draw your training weapon(s).

That way it can become as much a habit for you as it already should be for your professional warrior character.

Good luck!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Reminds me of the time that I audition-sparred for the Arm of the Dragon with a single weapon in my off-hand.  Disappointing.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Malken on April 03, 2012, 08:56:29 PM

There's this guy a few months ago that walked into the Sanctuary naked, with this big ass long tdesc describing his entire naked body and how he was 'ready' to go at it, if you know what I mean.

I think it was like 10 inches, er, lines long. His tdesc, that is.

AND NO, IT WASN'T ME.

Remember guys, avoid mentioning things under a year past, even vaguely.

Also avoid posting any logs with IC sensitive Info. The following is a log that is over a year old (Jan 30, 2010), and has no IC info.

(For those of you in doubt, IC info is anyone still living, most things to do with code, and anything to do with the magick code. When in doubt about posting something, you can always send in a request through the request tool to ask if a post is good or not. Error on the side of caution.)

Warning: The following log is NSFW

QuoteEnter a scene in Red's Tavern, where a few people are hanging out...

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man has arrived from the north, completely naked.

Catching a flash of skin, you look up at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

A thick mane of dark, blood red hair tumbles down onto this large man's
shoulders in haphazard tangles.  Thick coils of muscle bulge under his
lightly burnished skin, given him an even henna hue.  He holds a more lean,
athletic build than it would seem at first glance, but is obviously well
worked.  Callouses litter his wide hands, marred with old faded scars.
Gimlet, steel-grey eyes sit above somewhat wide nose.  A roughly trimmed
rectangle of the same dark-red hair encloses his austere mouth.  The front
of his torso is like a flat board of hard-packed muscle, relatively straight
from his pectorals down to his waist.  A large mural covers the majority of
his chest, it consists of a red scorpion wrestling with a black scorpion,
their tails poised to strike one another and the stingers crossing.
Outlining these scorpions is a whitish-silver three- pronged star.  
Hanging between his legs is a cord-long penis, about five inches in
diameter.  Tattooed along the side of it is well detailed mek with cobalt
eyes and teeth.

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man is in excellent condition.

He is carrying:
nothing obvious

Stating the obvious, you say, in sirihish:
    "He's naked."

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man looks over to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, and quite literally gawks.

At your table, the hale, crimson-braided woman says in sirihish, looking the crimson-maned, henna-hued man over:
    "He's naked."

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man says to you, in sirihish:
    "... Ohhhh fuck, I think I just exploded in my pants..."

Crossing his arms over the scorpions tattooed to his chest, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man says, in sirihish:
    "If anyone here is willing to spare some coin, I'd be much obliged."

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man asks the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    "I'll spare you somethin', but it won't be coin... you can wear my pants, if you want, eh?"

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man smirks, and looks from you to the narrow-faced, young man to the hale, crimson-braided woman, and then over to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

Peering at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man's cord-long penis, you ask, in sirihish:
    "Shit, what happened? Is that thing infected?"

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to you, in sirihish:
    "Just how it is."

Busting out into laughter at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, the narrow-faced, young man says, in sirihish:
    "Shit..."

Since you is staring at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man's cord-long penis, the hale, crimson-braided woman stares at it as well.

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the short, brown-eyed, rugged man, in sirihish:
    "I don't need pants. I need coin."

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the short, brown-eyed, rugged man, in sirihish:
    "Or at least a chisel."

With eyes trailing down to his penis, the short, brown-eyed, rugged man says to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    ".... Coin... for...."

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man coughs, and blinks, before shaking his head.

At your table, the narrow-faced, young man says in sirihish, nudging the hale, crimson-braided woman:
    "Whaddya think,eh?"

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man says to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    "Sorry, er... I'm uh... I don't uh...... that's a huge dick..."

At your table, you say in sirihish, still blatantly peering at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man's penis:
    "That cannot possibly be natural! I think it's diseased."

At your table, the hale, crimson-braided woman says in sirihish, still staring at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man's penis:
    "That's huge."

Plainly, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the short, brown-eyed, rugged man, in sirihish:
    "Yes, I'm well aware."

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man asks the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    "... There's no way that's normal... you part fucking half-giant?"

You send this message to the staff:
    "Okay, who approved the man with the cord-long penis? FESS UP."

At your table, the narrow-faced, young man says in sirihish, nudging the hale, crimson-braided woman once again:
    "Well, you're a cock woman, eh."

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man asks the short, brown-eyed, rugged man, in sirihish:
    "Forty sid and I'll explain how this dick came into being, how 'bout that?"

Tearing her gaze away from his dick, the hale, crimson-braided woman looks up at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

The short, brown-eyed, rugged man exclaims to you, in sirihish:
    "Give him fourty sid, and do it -now-!"

The short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil has arrived from the west.
The half-giant soldier has arrived from the west.
A human Allanaki soldier has arrived from the west.

At your table, the hale, crimson-braided woman says in sirihish, nodding in agreement to you:
    "Or he's gonna infect your cock too."

At a glance on her way past and through, the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil looks up at the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man notices the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil and offers a bow.

Tossing a small pouch, you give the crimson-maned, henna-hued man 40 coins.

Holding up a hand, the narrow-faced, young man exclaims, in sirihish:
    "I'll double it if you tell me why you don't have any clothes!"

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man catches the pouch as he straightens up.

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the narrow-faced, young man, in sirihish:
    "Got a deal."

The short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil's pace slows and stops.  She blinks a couple times and she turns her attention back to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

The narrow-faced, young man bows to the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil, fighting to keep a straight face.

Looking at the cord-long penis still, you ask the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    "So, how'd it happen?"

Tossing over a pouch, the narrow-faced, young man gives some coins to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

At your table, you say in sirihish, in an aside to the hale, crimson-braided woman:
    "I think I might've had too much to drink. I swore I only had a barrel, too."

As he catches the second pouch, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man says, in sirihish:
    "Well ya see, my dad fucked my mom. Some time later I was born. An' guess what, I had a huge cock. End of story."

At your table, the hale, crimson-braided woman says in sirihish, with a blink as she glances to you:
    "Shit, am I drunk? Maybe I am, an' I'm jus' seein' things."

The short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil's gaze narrows as she watches the crimson-maned, henna-hued man.

The crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the narrow-faced, young man, in sirihish:
    "As for my clothes."

"I'll giva ya a sid if ya let me touch it, eh?"

Laughing, the narrow-faced, young man says, in sirihish:
    "Go on."

You notice: The short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil's jaw tightens.

At your table, the short, brown-eyed, rugged man says in sirihish:
   "Holy fuck... my pants are wet... and I think it was... yeah..."

A staff member sends:
   "Pardon?"

Pointing a thumb at the scorpions tattooed to his chest, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the narrow-faced, young man, in sirihish:
    "I was a Cadet with Tor. Decided it wasn't working for me. They decided to knock me out and take my shit."

With a blink, the hale, crimson-braided woman asks the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    "Huh. You were?"

Turning her attention away from the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, the hale, crimson-braided woman catches sight of the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil and immediately rises to her feet, offering her a bow.

Simply, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the hale, crimson-braided woman, in sirihish:
    "Aye."

"Shit, man, I feel bad for ya now. But... what fucking size pants did you wear to keep that Tembo-sized dick in there?"

After a pause as she retakes her seat, the hale, crimson-braided woman says, in sirihish:
    "Well, he sure acts like one."

Chuckling as he slaps his leg, the narrow-faced, young man says, in sirihish:
    "Aw, damn."

Shrugging lightly, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man says to the short, brown-eyed, rugged man, in sirihish:
    "Few easy adjustments and I can sheath this thing pretty easy."

Handing over five fist-sized pouches, the tall, amber-eyed woman gives some coins to the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil.

Clearing her throat pointedly as she steps over to the bar and the tall, amber-eyed woman, though her attention is on the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, then calling out in clear, alto tones, the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil says, in sirihish:
    "We have a problem."

".... Fucking... that's like a fucking club, man. Ever use it as a weapon?"

The short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil takes the pouch of coins and calmly reaches to her oversized black backpack.

With a light smirk, the crimson-maned, henna-hued man asks the short, brown-eyed, rugged man, in sirihish:
    "On occasion. Ya still wanna pay to touch it?"

Chin lifting, the short templar wearing a jade-beaded black silk veil says to the crimson-maned, henna-hued man, in sirihish:
    "You, the disgustingly indecent man that now has the coins to afford some pants, come with me."

I also wished up to let staff know that I thought it was a tdesc after all. If I hadn't been so shocked to
begin with, I'm sure this would have occured to me before.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what was going on there. After he left, we all went back to playing Tek's Tower.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Sleeping out in the wilderness when all appeared safe. May not have been the dumbest, but is one of many mistakes Ive made over the years.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

talked shit to a half giant
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

dumbest thing was and continues to be ignoring room descriptions that blatantly warn of imminent falling

Quote from: Khorm on April 05, 2012, 01:27:26 AM
dumbest thing was and continues to be ignoring room descriptions that blatantly warn of imminent falling

This, a thousand times this.

Quote from: SpyGuy on April 06, 2012, 03:08:42 AM
Quote from: Khorm on April 05, 2012, 01:27:26 AM

This, a thousand times this.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

This Robert Downey Jr wannabe walked into the Silt Sea and drowned.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

This is your hill giant on drugs.

Always get your targets straight.  It's really dumb to be thinking so much about one character/mob that isn't hostile, getting into a combat situation, and accidentally targeting the good one because it was on your mind.

It can lead to death.  Yours or the others.  Fuck dat shit.   :-[
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

>mount gaj
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

>mount mekillot
>wish all TRYING TO STEAL THIS MEKILLOT
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

>wish all Hey guys, if you feel like turning the difficulty rating on this RPT up a couple notches, that'd be cool. I may immediately regret this wish.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf